Dream system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whalenutz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to know what type of equipment if you had say such as 6 grand to paly with what type of system would you buy/build??? include everything you can think of...:mug:

Brouwerij_Boerderij_Kabouter_V2_6_1.png

purchase_order2.bmp

Parts_List_2_6_BLANK.bmp

brewery1.bmp

brewery_mash1.bmp

brewery_sparge1.bmp

brewery_cool1.bmp

I have removed the grant from my current version. Check out my build thread linked in my sig for more info.

Also, I have designed a few other cool systems. Those can be found in my blog.

As tempted as I am to get the Brew Magic, I'd rather just build a single keggle, get a powerful burner, an 80qt pot for various uses, and definitely some conical fermenters.

All the leftover money would be spent stuffing a mattress full of hops.

As tempted as I am to get the Brew Magic, I'd rather just build a single keggle, get a powerful burner, an 80qt pot for various uses, and definitely some conical fermenters.

All the leftover money would be spent stuffing a mattress full of hops.

is that hops or somthing else in the mattress???

But on a more serious note i was thinking of going with a blichmann set up 15/15/20 and three 14.5 with one 24 for some lager/pilsner and maybe a brutus burner system, but Boerderij_Kabouter your system is very intrasting...i will study this a bit more...

I am doing all this in december and want to build the nice system of my wet dreams of a home brewer and was thinking of getting the blichmann thirty gallon kettle to brew the wonderful pilsners/larger/whaterverthe****iwanttolarger..... thanks for all your input...

spend 4k on the brewing room and the rest on equipment - nothing like having a brewroom that makes cleaning and storing items easier

that is a good idea about the brew room i didnt really think of that but i think i am going to build a closet for the ale fermentors and i have a big stand up freezer for the larger/pilsners...

that is where I spent most of my money (to date...the equipment is slowly catching up). Having a big sink to wash things, racks, hooks, etc for brushes and tubes is so nice. I figured since cleaning was 75% of brewing, I'd spend my way into comfort there first.

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on either a morebeer brewsculpture or the equipment to build a brutus 10, and decided that I would hold off. I've got a great burner, a good kettle with spigot, a cooler mash tun that holds within 2 degrees for up to two hours, a huge immersion chiller that gets me down to pitching temp in around ten minutes, and chest freezers for fermentation temp control. Basically, everything I need to make great beer. To me, there's no value added in spending the dough for a blinging system, although it would be nice. Also, I like the fact that my set-up is modular and portable, and very easy to clean.

Latest posts

Back