Drank my first ever home brew tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdirt_cowboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And it was glorious. I know y'all probably don't care but I'm pretty excited. It is a Bavarian dunkelweizen that was fermented for 12 days. It's only been in the bottle for seven days, but I ran out of patience and had to try one. I'm surprised how well carbed it was already. I know the beer will change as it ages, but I couldn't really put my finger on any specific flavors, but I couldn't detect any off flavors. It had a really nice bready, yeasty smell. I was also surprised how "bright" of a taste it had for a dark beer, but I suspect that has more to do with its youth. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped. Here's a pic of it.

IMG_4020.jpg

To right your picture. Save it sideways in your phone/computer, then turn it right and save again, after that it will appear right when you post it to the site. I would contend that homebrew is much better than commercial beer with a few notable exceptions, if only due to ugly baby syndrome.

I find my beers are always carbed great after 2 weeks. So that it was decent after a week doesn't really surprise me

Back