Don't know where to start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_p

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using the forum for some time now but have never entered this section.

I think I fancy a go at making a sour beer after having tasted a few examples I really liked.

I guess that I am looking to find a wild yeast based, fool proof recipe & method to star with and sufficient info to understand whether my equipment, process, available space, etc lends itself to this style.

I will scout this section of the forum but any links to threads and/or literature (online or printed) would help greatly.

I am quite sure "lambic" is not the style word I am referring to. The slight sourness and funky taste I think comes from wild yeast is what attracts me, I think.

Thanks in advance
pp

70% pils, 30% wheat, mashed high around 156. 5ibus, 1.050 OG. Use a sour blend from your preferred yeast lab, and pitch in the dregs of some unpasteurized sour beers whenever you can. Age for one year and limit O2 ingress as much as possible.

Unfortunately, there is not much in the way of fool proof when you are dealing with mixed fermentations. Patience is the most important aspect.

Back