don't give me a stupid napkin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acefaser

Reaction score
So it sticks to the bottom of my glass and the girl next to me decides to show me how to make it stop sticking to my glass. 3 pounds of salt on the napkin and table later and the bartender gives me the evil eye...

BW3 always salts my napkins. I'm all like.. WTF???

"Keeps the napkin from sticking to the glass!"

I'm not even sure why I need a napkin in the first place. It's not like I'm going to even set my beer down...

Personally, I just drink with the napkin stuck to the bottom of my glass. If someone asks, I just claim that my beverage is "modest".

My pinky finger is trained to kick off any unwanted napkins as I pick up a beer. And a napkin gets one chance with me. After that, sorry, the bar is durable and can handle a little moisture. I can't imagine bartenders care if they have to wipe off a few condensation rings, so I'm sure that the napkin thing is done for the customer's sake; so that they feel like it is a classy joint.

Nothing wrong with a little salt on the napkin... Then again, the bars I frequent tend to be old wood tables (they don't care about spills) or nice wood that has a good ol varnish that is essentially waterproof. Either way, napkins tend to be unnecessary.

So it sticks to the bottom of my glass and the girl next to me decides to show me how to make it stop sticking to my glass. 3 pounds of salt on the napkin and table later and the bartender gives me the evil eye...

Hopefully you were paying more attention to the girl interested in you, than what the bartender thinks about some salt!

BW3 always salts my napkins. I'm all like.. WTF???

"Keeps the napkin from sticking to the glass!"

I'm not even sure why I need a napkin in the first place. It's not like I'm going to even set my beer down...

Ha! I was trying to remember what restaurant use to put salt on my napkin.
How about the cardboard coasters? I usually just push them to the side and put the glass on the bar. They still have to wipe the bar down when I leave and having a little water on the table only helps clean things up! Better than trying to pick up parts of a wet napkin.

Latest posts

Back