Quantcast

don't give me a stupid napkin

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

acefaser

Reaction score
So it sticks to the bottom of my glass and the girl next to me decides to show me how to make it stop sticking to my glass. 3 pounds of salt on the napkin and table later and the bartender gives me the evil eye...

jgln

Reaction score
I noticed my napkin under my glass always gets soaked, everyone else's stays dry. WTH??

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
BW3 always salts my napkins. I'm all like.. WTF???

"Keeps the napkin from sticking to the glass!"

I'm not even sure why I need a napkin in the first place. It's not like I'm going to even set my beer down...

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Personally, I just drink with the napkin stuck to the bottom of my glass. If someone asks, I just claim that my beverage is "modest".

AndrewD

Reaction score
My pinky finger is trained to kick off any unwanted napkins as I pick up a beer. And a napkin gets one chance with me. After that, sorry, the bar is durable and can handle a little moisture. I can't imagine bartenders care if they have to wipe off a few condensation rings, so I'm sure that the napkin thing is done for the customer's sake; so that they feel like it is a classy joint.

JordanThomas

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a little salt on the napkin... Then again, the bars I frequent tend to be old wood tables (they don't care about spills) or nice wood that has a good ol varnish that is essentially waterproof. Either way, napkins tend to be unnecessary.

conneryis007

Reaction score
So it sticks to the bottom of my glass and the girl next to me decides to show me how to make it stop sticking to my glass. 3 pounds of salt on the napkin and table later and the bartender gives me the evil eye...
Hopefully you were paying more attention to the girl interested in you, than what the bartender thinks about some salt!

OP
acefaser

acefaser

Reaction score
BW3 always salts my napkins. I'm all like.. WTF???

"Keeps the napkin from sticking to the glass!"

I'm not even sure why I need a napkin in the first place. It's not like I'm going to even set my beer down...
Ha! I was trying to remember what restaurant use to put salt on my napkin.
How about the cardboard coasters? I usually just push them to the side and put the glass on the bar. They still have to wipe the bar down when I leave and having a little water on the table only helps clean things up! Better than trying to pick up parts of a wet napkin.