Domino Sugar cube question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajunbrewer14

Reaction score
Ill be making a Belgian Rye Wit beer soon. I really don't like the inconsistent carbonation i get from adding the boiled sugar water to my uncarbed beer on bottling day. If i added a domino sugar cube to each 12 ounce bottle would that be sufficient for that style beer?

I keg but sometimes in a big batch I’ll bottle the remainder. Domino dots are a convenient way to do it. 1 dot per 12 oz bottle. Make sure to get the dots only - 2.29 grams per cube. Regular sugar cubes may over carb or make bombs. Use 2 dots for bombers (22oz) or 750ml bottles.

One cube per 12oz bottle. It's an efficient way to carb and reduce the inconsistency when bottling from a mixing bucket. I usually attach a bottling wand to the spigot, add one cube per bottle, then cap.

I don't know if the carbonation level is appropriate for the style, but 1 Domino Dot per 11 or 12 oz bottle, or two per bomber works very well.

For 1 liter pop bottles, use 2 of the larger C&H sugar cubes.

You can also use a dipper (a measuring spoon for example) and a little funnel to measure a fixed amount of sugar per bottle. I do that with my 1 liter swingtops, but I don't recall the amount.

Thanks to Flars, I've been using Domino cubes for the last 40+ batches. Just perfect carbonation with any style beer. Be sure to buy the 198 count per box. The other size is too big to fit in the neck of the bottle.

Back