dollar shave club, anyone try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the original topic:

I'm a customer. I have a beard, so I don't do much face shaving- but I do shave my head. I like their razors just fine (comparable to the major brands) and I love the price and connivence.

In terms of their other products, I've never tried their shave gel/lotion since I'm an old school mug and brush guy- but I'm a believer in One Wipe Charlies.

If be very careful with those wipes. They are not safe for plumbing, despite their claims. I know friends who've had their plumbing plugged solid from them and heard about municipalities trying to go after citizens that have caused blockages in the mains.

The shave gel is probably ok if you use it to shave twice a day. I felt like it didn't really do anything besides make a greasy mess.

I will stick with aerosol Edge gel stuff.

Don't fall for the need to buy into the latest trendy product (though dollar shave club is very good for what it does). Buy yourself a nice old school double edged safety razor and never look back.

I too have been using a DE for some time. I really dosen't take me any longer to get a better shave than it did with a gilette multiblade. And I save a ton of money

Back