Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been a very sad week for me. His indomitable spirit has been recorded on this forum somewhere. Nothing in this world could contain him and he passed while trying to find his loved ones. He was struck by a car and hung in there long enough for Brenda and I to locate him and do the penultimate thing that only his best friends could do. We miss him terribly.

I feel your pain. My dog spent this evening with me on the couch watching Olympics. I can't imagine her not being there.

So sorry to hear that man. Losing a good pet is like losing a family member. My papillon is my best companion and most loyal friend. I just can't imagine losing him... though he's 7½ now, so I know he's probably halfway there already.

Hang in there. I'll have a beer and my little guy will have a treat in your buddy's honor.

olllllo, I'm so sorry for your loss.

There's something about a dog that creates such an intense and wonderful bond...

It's funny, when I watch movies and/or tv and a person dies or gets hurt I don't care, but whenever I hear of or see a story of a dog getting hurt it really chokes me up. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Snowveil
emjay
AllenH
PassedPawn
gavball6
CreamyGoodness
Thank you all

We still have a 15 year old dog, Maggie. She's a sweetheart.

When she passes, we'll probably hang the leases up for awhile, but we will be back.

image-930421051.jpg

This has been a very sad week for me. His indomitable spirit has been recorded on this forum somewhere. Nothing in this world could contain him and he passed while trying to find his loved ones. He was struck by a car and hung in there long enough for Brenda and I to locate him and do the penultimate thing that only his best friends could do. We miss him terribly.

Oh, I didn't know that you lost Ozzie. I'm so sorry. That stinks.

Tell Brenda that I'm sorry for her as well.

Is Ozzie the dog that ate your garage?

When she passes, we'll probably hang the leashes up for awhile, but we will be back.

We had 2 dogs, both over 10 yrs old, die within a month. We said we'd take a break from them for a while after that (one drowned, the other stopped eating and just withered).

We lasted 7 days and our Viszla Marlee found her way into our lives.

Gunner, our German Shepherd. We adopted him from rescue about a year ago. Awesome dog!

Photo%20Aug%2005%2C%208%2059%2011%20PM.jpg

Sorry for your loss. Such a painful way for both you and Ozzie to go through. I'm sure he had a great life with you guys.

olllllo said:

Oh man, so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and Brenda.

Recently, I had a situation where I had to decide what to do about a dog I saw off leash. Looking out my balcony window, I could see this fluffy little white dog meandering around on the sidewalk without any people in sight. Not only did I fear that he would run out into the street, but it was about 4000 degrees out. So, II put on some pants and went outside. He let me pick him up, and I did a couple trips around the block to see if his people were around, or if he escaped through an open door. Nothing.

So I took him into my air conditioned apartment, got him a little water and a little piece of meat. He politely declined. So I called the number on his tag and left a voicemail. Where this story gets really annoying to me is two stoners started calling his name. I tell them I have the dog and I am coming down. Apparently the owners went on vacation in Mexico and left him with Beavis and Butthead to take care of. I'm not saying I'm a hero, but I was kind of expecting a call back to say thank you. Lets say he was in no danger of getting hit by a car or dehydrating... what if I had been someone intent on keeping the dog? Why am I not allowed to own a dog in my apartment but there are people who obviously don't deserve one who are?

@ creamy - good job taking care of that lost dog. If my best buddy were to ever "take himself for a walk" I would hope somebody would be so polite as yourself.

Perhaps you could inquire to your doctor about getting a note for a "companion pet". Your apt. would probably have to let you have one legally. Worth a shot!

cheers
j

My 2 boys. Bear (brown one) and Scout (black / brown). Unfortunately we lost Scout a couple months ago. My wife took him to the vet and when leaving, he backed out of his collar, and tried to spring across the highway. He made it through the westbound traffic, but when he jumped the concrete barrier, he got hit and killer (luckily instantly so he didn't suffer). Gonna really miss that PITA. He was the best 60lb lap dog anyone could ask for.

Looking to get another one from the humane society someday soon.

bear.jpg

DSCN1060.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

That sucks man i would.never want my buddy to go out that way. I had to tell a family that i found their dog in the road and it broke my heart the way they reacted.

olllllo said:

I couldn't imagine why I'd do without my furry buddies. The coonhound has scared me twice. He got hit by a car once and came home full of rabbit shot once. Both were expensive overnight stays at the vet. They're like my kids.

I just got this little guy a few days ago, he's 8 weeks old and I've been dogless since Feb of last year (an unnatural state for me). His name is Seamus

image-3781768875.jpg

image-828776098.jpg

image-2410046240.jpg

Just got the white one from a shelter (his name is Barley). 5 years old and never had a home. The redhead is Bear. We've had him from a pup

image-3151199713.jpg

image-4054413514.jpg

Weird I named my dog barley I kept calling him buddy so I related it to beer

Never read this whole thread. I guess I was surprised because people around here look at us weird when we tell them his name. But then again y'all understand the obsession

We have 3.
Black lab is Blue. He's my boy
The Brittany is Chey.
And the little black and white mutt is a rescue we took in, Lily.

ForumRunner_20120913_182313.jpg

ForumRunner_20120913_182258.jpg

Back