Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our dogs might be long-lost littermates!

This is Wrigley, lab-something mix, maybe Rotty?

First pic when we brought him home one year ago today, other pics at just over a year old now.

Haha, that first one, he looks like he's got the eyebrow cocked like 'really? Yer takin my picture? Why?'

looking on old hard drives, found this one of my Goombah

gone 6 years and as much as I love the Howdy, I sure do miss my Bubba

009x.jpg

Brutus went for a visit to his sisters house on the lake last night and got his first experience in water.

2016-06-16 19.36.19.jpg

2016-06-16 19.46.11.jpg

2016-06-16 19.28.35-2.jpg

2016-06-16 19.45.56.jpg

My Brewanjimals.....
Princess Leia is an abandoned puppy that wound up on my patio when she was about 10 weeks old. That was going on 3 years ago now. She supervises Brewday (maily looking at me and wondering when we are going back inside), and is the namesake of Doggie Mutt Brewing.

Gizzy (I know he's a cat, LOL) is a feral kitten that the mother got in the basement ceiling where I was working, and then abandoned the litter. She fell in between the walls, and we had to bust holes to get her out. She was barely weaned at the time, and is just over 1 year old now. She mainly gets in front of my monitor while I am reading forums or using BeerSmith.

20140120_235914_Caldera Blvd.jpg

Anjimals.jpg

My HBC had a picnic and my dog was a social butterfly. After about 8 hours at the picnic some kids were playing fetch with her and she cut a pad on some glass (OMG blood everywhere). She jumped on the bed later and it opened back up. From here on out I'm going to bring a first aid kit wherever I take her, and keep some stuff in the car too.

My HBC had a picnic and my dog was a social butterfly. After about 8 hours at the picnic some kids were playing fetch with her and she cut a pad on some glass (OMG blood everywhere). She jumped on the bed later and it opened back up. From here on out I'm going to bring a first aid kit wherever I take her, and keep some stuff in the car too.

that's just good advice, dog or no

Keep a tube of EMT Gel in the car. Stuff will seal up a wound, and helps the healing process.

Keep a tube of EMT Gel in the car. Stuff will seal up a wound, and helps the healing process.

I hike with her all the time, this is just what I needed to get. I'll order one set for home, one for the car and one for my pack. Thanks

Rescue agency I got my last senior pup from just sent me an immediate placement need for an old Saint Bernard. I am kind of crushed because I would surely have the one neighbor after me with a pitchfork if I got a fourth dog (already have one giant senior, one very large senior and a 60 # nutjob of a border collie/something mix). Technically if I foster her I am still safe with the city but they were looking for a permanent home. Either way, travelling too much until September to integrate a new dog into the pack.

Still would love to have her so they are putting her in foster care for now...and I will contact them in couple of months.

IMG_3006.jpg

Went to an awesome event hosted by our local pet store. They rent a fence to put on their lawn and invite local breweries to come out and sell their beer and do raffles. They do a few of these events every summer and each one features a different brewery. Yesterday they featured a local cidery called 2 Towns. Got to try some of their Marionberry Cider and my wife won a raffle and won a free 2 Towns tank top. They were also doing free photographs of all the dogs and the photographer got a good one of our little Aussie Rocky who is now 8 months old.

Rocky_zpswhbphcm0.jpg

I was out in the backyard doing some pool maintenance and heard the Howdy's tags rattling. I looked around but didn't see him, so I called out to him.

he stuck his face out like, "what!? I'm right here!"

"because THERE'S BUNNIES UNDER HERE!"

2016-06-29 12.35.15 cropt.jpg
2016-06-29 12.36.02 fixd resizd.jpg

Here is the latest addition to our family next to our 8 year old Newfie/Lab mix, Bella:

Her name is Evie, short for Evelyn. She's named after a song by my favorite band, My Morning Jacket! :fro:

We had a chocolate lab mix who passed away about 3 months ago and prior to that, Bella had never been an only dog so she was kind of lost without him. We hadn't planned on getting a puppy right away, but we just happened to be in a local puppy store and there she was, the last of her litter left and she just looked at us like you can't possibly leave me can you??? So, lo and behold, she came home with us.

Bella took a little over a week to warm to the new puppy but now they have become fast friends! Here is a picture of the two of them recovering after one of our morning walks:

dogs1_zps4qflwiou.jpg

Here is the latest addition to our family next to our 8 year old Newfie/Lab mix, Bella:

Her name is Evie, short for Evelyn. She's named after a song by my favorite band, My Morning Jacket! :fro:

We had a chocolate lab mix who passed away about 3 months ago and prior to that, Bella had never been an only dog so she was kind of lost without him. We hadn't planned on getting a puppy right away, but we just happened to be in a local puppy store and there she was, the last of her litter left and she just looked at us like you can't possibly leave me can you??? So, lo and behold, she came home with us.

Bella took a little over a week to warm to the new puppy but now they have become fast friends! Here is a picture of the two of them recovering after one of our morning walks:

Sorry about the loss of your older dog. That sure is a good looking pup. How old is she and what breed? Looks like she may be a big girl.

Sorry about the loss of your older dog. That sure is a good looking pup. How old is she and what breed? Looks like she may be a big girl.

Thanks. Its never easy.

Evie is a Golden and she's just over 3 months old. And she seems to be growing by the minute...

Thanks. Its never easy.

Evie is a Golden and she's just over 3 months old. And she seems to be growing by the minute...

It is tough. We lost or husky at 14 last fall and it took us until this spring to be ready for a new pup.

Bridger is 4 months now and growing like a weed too. My wife sent me this pic of him just a few minutes ago.

She is breast feeding our youngest and this is the look she got when she asked him to get off the couch. He knows the couch is a no no, but he also knows momma cant get up to get him until baby is done eating.

Sometimes he is to smart

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1468260073.425643.jpg

Baxter washed up onto a roof on the Mississippi Golf Coast during Hurricane Katrina. My sister in law adopted him and had him for 10 years. As he got too old to live in a wak up in NYC, she brought him to California to retire with us.
She figured he did not have much life left in him. Two years later he is still bringing smiles to us.

IMG_5262.jpg

Baxter washed up onto a roof on the Mississippi Golf Coast during Hurricane Katrina. My sister in law adopted him and had him for 10 years. As he got too old to live in a wak up in NYC, she brought him to California to retire with us.
She figured he did not have much life left in him. Two years later he is still bringing smiles to us.

Just love Baxter. He has that tough guy, big heart, survivor look.

Yep Baxter is a soul warming dog. At 4 he had both knees replaced and has to work hard to get up walk. He could not go far when he move out to be with us but his California retirement has made him stronger. I made this video to show off his unique physique.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ougabAcPVr8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/ougabAcPVr8

Just adopted/rescued a little pup this past weekend. Her name is Charlotte. She's a Retriever mix and is just shy of 4 months old. About 14/15 pounds right now.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471624097.866099.jpg

She joins our other dogs (posted here before) so now we have three. Yes we are crazy!! [emoji12]

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471624171.222613.jpg
Bella a Schnauzer / Yorkie mix 9 years old.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471624212.926383.jpg
Nyla our Border Collie (50%) Australian Shepard (25%) Cattle Dog (25%) mix, 13.5 years old.

Cute pup and three is the magic number for me. Though I occasionally have four...I do not remember the last time I had just two.

Just adopted/rescued a little pup this past weekend. Her name is Charlotte. She's a Retriever mix and is just shy of 4 months old. About 14/15 pounds right now.

View attachment 366851

She joins our other dogs (posted here before) so now we have three. Yes we are crazy!! [emoji12]

View attachment 366852
Bella a Schnauzer / Yorkie mix 9 years old.

View attachment 366853
Nyla our Border Collie (50%) Australian Shepard (25%) Cattle Dog (25%) mix, 13.5 years old.

Nah! Three is pushing it, but not crazy. We maxed out at 3 at one point but we have found 2 to be our magic number! :mug:

Cute pup btw...

Back