Dogfish Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmohel

Reaction score
Just got back from a weekend in Rehoboth. For those of you on the east coast (or wherever actually) you honewstly have to go at least once. The trip to the Dogfish Head brewery was just good enough to make the drive.

I had a very good burger, and we got the beer sampler. Although I have had most of the beers already, my girlfriend had not. And, she is not a real beer drinker - but she even loved it.

Big fan of that Apricot IPA. (at least it sure tasted like an IPA to me).

What timing...my fiance and I were thinking of heading down there this weekend for a visit to DFH. Is there anything else in town, or a decent place to stay? It's a long way back to the Manhattan area after a few pints.

IT's a GREAT place to spend a weekend. It's a very nice beach community. The streets around the beach are lined with lots of nice little shops, and plenty of interesting and good restaurants. There is also a pretty nice boardwalk.

As for places to stay, we stayed in a Bed & Breakfast. But, there are a bunch of hotels and what not. Sands is on the beach, looked like a very ngice place to stay. All in all, it was a very fun and relaxing weekend (even though the weather was overcast.)

If you go, make sure you get some Thrasher's Fries. It is a little hut that sells french fries down by the boardwalk... pretty damn good.

Check out this site: www.rehoboth.com

If we had time, I would have liked to check out the DFH Brewery too which is only 15 miles away from Rehoboth.

We went to lunch at the pub, got there at like 11.30, but they did not open till 12. I was amazed out how many people were waiting there for it to open. The place was half full as soon as the doors opened. Weekend nights they have music there. All in all, it is an extremely well run place (of course with top of the line beers!)

Sounds excellent! Thanks for the info. Do you recall the name of the B&B you stood at (if you were happy with their accomodations)? Didn't realize it was a shore town. Traffic must be insane on weekends.

The tip on thrashers is well noted. I am a sucker for good boardwalk fries.

This is sounding like more fun than Stoudt's fest this weekend...

Traffic actually was not as bad as I thought it would be. I stayed at this place called Bedazzled. Very nice, room was decorated with lots of Humphrey Bogart pictures. Guess they named all their rooms after 40's actors.

I was at the DFH brewey last weekend as well! (7-30). I was hoping they'd have a weekend brewhouse tour, but they only do that mon-fri.

The food/brew was so good! We did a lot of sampling (too much for most of their beers being at least 7% alcohol!). They did have some really great brews... unfortunately, they were out of the barley wine- I was looking forward to tasting that (I've never had it).

Good time. Pretty good band.

I don't understand why some breweries do not do weekend tours. Would love to do a tour of their facility. Jill, which beers were available (out of the ordinary)? Do they have the 120 or WWS on tap?

gaelone said:
I don't understand why some breweries do not do weekend tours. Would love to do a tour of their facility. Jill, which beers were available (out of the ordinary)? Do they have the 120 or WWS on tap?

120 is not always offered. but I believe they did ahve it on tap. If my memory form alst weekend serves me, they had:
60 min
90 min
120 min??
Aprihop
Chicory Stout
Lawnmower Light
Indian brown Ale
Raison d'Etre
Shelter Pale Ale

these beers were on tap and sampled:

shelter pale ale was great...
raison d'etre was more complex-winish tasting- not a favorite
they did not have the 120 min, but did have the 60 and 90 min IPAs
ApriHop was good as well- huge hop boquet on first sip
Chicory Stout- SOOO smooth- I have not had too many stouts, but loved this one
India Brown- good, mellow beer

All these beers are very strong... they are pretty cool about giving you whatever beers you want in the sampler (5 beers)

cheers

Excellent. I'm dying to try the chicory out of a tap. Still haven't been able to find the world wide stout. Thanks for the info! Has anyone tried their distilled liquors? The Pangea?

might not have it on tap....but you can almost always get the WWS up here in the albany area....watch yer a$$ when drinking that stuff! might as well be a barleywine!

Sounds great!

That's one of their few I haven't been able to locate. Now if I can grab Stones tix for the Pepsi Center, maybe I'll be able to sample a WWS up there. Have you tried their distilled products or the Pangea?

Na, i'm in there almost every night, i give Bill (quoted as a beer nazi in that review) a hard time almost every night ;)

Back