Dogfish Head BITCHES BREW just released

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogphish

Reaction score
Anyone get a bottle or keg this time around?

My area seems to be flooded with it. Even the local taco stand has it on tap. Bottles are still sitting on the shelves at the local bars. More is coming on draft.

Last year it was flying off the shelves because of the Brew Masters show. Not this year. Still a wonderful stout.

It's just showing up here in VA. Haven't gotten a bottle yet this year, but I will. It's an intense BEvERage from start to finish, but unlike many "big beers" it never gets overwhelming to me. Amazing stuff.

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

I just watched a video of Miles Davis playing Bitches Brew last night. Man,he had to be trippin when he played it. Haven't seen the ale yet,though.

It's just showing up here in VA. Haven't gotten a bottle yet this year, but I will. It's an intense BEvERage from start to finish, but unlike many "big beers" it never gets overwhelming to me. Amazing stuff.

What is you fav spot to buy your beer?

I picked up a bottle of this yesterday as well as the latest in the Vertical Epic series 11.11.11. Psyched to taste both of them!

I just watched a video of Miles Davis playing Bitches Brew last night. Man,he had to be trippin when he played it. Haven't seen the ale yet,though.

Miles liked coke and smack, and that wasn't until the 1970s. When you listen to his music from this period it surprising to know he wasn't into psychedelics.

How many musicians were up there with him? There were a ton of them on the album.:)

beerman0001 said:
What is you fav spot to buy your beer?

Hey, beerman0001!

I generally only get new beers, so I'll hit Total Wine sometimes, but my favorite destinations for strange brews are The Cheese Shop in Williamsburg (check downstairs) and Grape & Gourmet in Va Beach...great selection there, and the manager really knows his beers.

I picked up a bottle on the release date. Everyone sold out of that and the Pearl Jam beer on the release date here in AZ that I am aware of.

had it on tap at Beer Bar Fest last night. Ended up with two glasses because someone I was with didn't like it. Really tasty stuff. Lovely black color with chocolate head.

While I did enjoy this beer, I much prefer an Old Rasputin or Stone RIS over a Bitches Brew. Rasputin, especially, is ever so much more complex: the DFH doesn't even come close.

And Old Rasputin is cheaper, at least in my area.

Just my thoughts...

I bought 3 bottles and had it on tap the other day. A good friend of mine is Ethiopian so I've had T'ej, the honey wine that's blended with a RIS to make Bitches Brew, many times. both commercial and homemade. The flavor really stands up to the RIS, such a great combination.

Shouldn't it seem even more spectacular in that case? Basically I'm comparing stouts without it, to a stout with it, and I'm not seeing much of a difference. Just the fact that they put it in there doesn't impress me, I have to taste it.

Shouldn't it seem even more spectacular in that case? Basically I'm comparing stouts without it, to a stout with it, and I'm not seeing much of a difference. Just the fact that they put it in there doesn't impress me, I have to taste it.

I do taste it, it's actually pretty strong. The gesho certainly comes through, as does the tinge of honey.

I have another bottle, maybe I'll try this one in smaller amounts at different temps. My fridge is at 40, which is not usually too cold for most beers to shine. I'll try to get it closer to 50 before I start sipping next time.

Back