Does Warrior suck as a dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim311

Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me a book of recipes from Brooklyn Brew shop. It seems like a pretty nice book especially for a dollar store find. I have a bunch of Warrior hops I need to get rid of, so I am trying their "Warrior Double IPA." Suspiciously the recipe does not call for a dry hop, which seems bizarre for anything you might call an IPA. I have plenty of Warrior that I was considering dry hopping with. Any suggestions? If the Warrior doesn't dry hop well I also have plenty of Cascade, Simcoe, and Citra. Anybody brewed this recipe before?

11.5LB pale malt, 2LBs Carared malt, 1 Pound Munich. Recipe calls for 75 minute boil, but I cut it down to 60 mins, adding half an ounce of Warrior at 60, 30, 10, and flameout. I'll ferment it with some US05.

I have a house IPA that I call 'Green Warrior' as it uses green bullet and warrior hops, be along with a rotating hop (this batch I am making includes Pacific Jade). I use all three types in the dry hop of about 2-2.5oz total.

Love the nose on this beer! Not too aggressive but almost perfect citrus for my taste. I say give them a try, you will enjoy the results.

My partner just made his first ever recipe, based on Dogfish Head 90. Bittering hop was Cascade and everything else (at 5 minute increments) was Warrior because that's what we had a lot of. The beer itself is pretty hoppy, with a lot of bitterness but the underlying flavor is good. I say go for it.

Latest posts

Back