does this look good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crobrewer

Reaction score
Like the title says, Does this look good after day 14??
Im a new brewer full of questions lol!

IMG_1032.jpg

It's really hard to tell because a) that's honestly not the best picture and b) because all fermentations look different. Looks like your krausen has fallen for the most part. I'd say give it another week and bottle it. How does it look from the side? Starting to clear up a bit? If not it will get there.

yup! half of it is already clear. I got a lot of headspace in the fermenter but i think its gonna be ok

yup! half of it is already clear. I got a lot of headspace in the fermenter but i think its gonna be ok

With limited exposure and a short length of time the head space shouldn't be much of an issue. Since you're new and interested in making sure you do things right I'll give you a bit of advice that I struggled with at first. Once it does clear and you're ready to bottle don't get greedy. I know it's hard, but rack above the trub line and leave that last beer or two on the yeast cake to avoid getting a bunch of yeast/break material/hops in your bottles. It's better to leave some perfectly good beer behind than to bring extra stuff with IMO. Happy drinking! :mug:

one more thing ppl,
When the fermentation is done, can i rack to a secondary (plastic 7L Bottles)?because im planing to cold break and only this way it fits in my fridge.

That means 2.5 bottles 2 days in fridge , then bottleing
will the wort go bad in plastic??

FYI
your confusing your terms
cold break is when you chill from boiling
what u mean to say is you want to cold crash and that would be a step that is done before racking
but yes you can do that to help clear up the beer and then cold crash and bottle

No it will not go bad in plastic. You do want to use food grade plastics, but if it had consumable goods in it, you are good to go.

I use a plastic bucket with sealed lid and air lock as my primary and its good for 2 plus weeks in there!

Try to do ur best to not airate your beer when transfering because it will cause off flavors and infect your beer. Don't freak out if you get a few bubbles or splash some, you will get better at it the more you do it.

Most important of all! Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew! (RDWHHB)

I would not rack to another container just to cold crash. Too much effort and risk compared to gain. Leave it in primary for 28 days then bottle or keg. I would suggest gelatin instead of racking and cold crashing to clarify.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/using-gelatin-clearing-184660/

Call me lazy but I try not to rack or secondary my beers. I have enough things to clean up as it is.

Back