Does CO2 pressure vary as the keg is emptied?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still on my first keg, so please forgive my ignorance.

I kegged this first batch around Feb 6th. Now, I see the pressure today has dropped to around 5 psi (been perfect, at 10, up till today). I'm still getting a decent pour at that pressure, so I wonder if it's just the temp gauge 'messing' with me since I have the tank in the keezer with the keg. I bumped the gauge up a bit to bring it back to 10, but found (after the regulator adjusted to the cold) I bumped it too high.

Once the pressure is dialed in, do you just leave the pressure alone till the keg is kicked, or do you all adjust as the keg is emptying? What do you do with multiple kegs on a distributor?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm new to kegging. Thanks everybody! :tank:

It's the regulator's job to ensure the pressure in the keg remains wherever you set the regulator - regardless of what happens down stream.

So, no, the pressure shouldn't change - up or down - just because you're consuming the contents of the keg - or whether you have one keg or ten kegs on the same regulator...

Cheers!

Back