• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Does anyone sell Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danimal316

Reaction score
Does anyone sell their recipes or their own brews? If so where can I find someone who would know this information?

What about contacting someone who knows how to brew it?

Are you looking to have it on tap for a party or something? You could just get a keg from a distributor, brewery, or maybe even a home brew store that sells beer as well. If you are interested in brewing but want to try it before you invest time and money, you could post were you are at and I am sure you could find someone to walk you through it.

Thank you so much that helps, I am sure I can just do some postings and see whos out there, and it would be a person who makes it then I would buy the recipe from them or have them to continue to make it

I have a feeling we are dealing with a language barrier.

You can get all the recipes you would ever need right here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/#homebrewtalk-com-recipe-database.54

Nearly everyone here knows how to make beer but only professional brewers will/can sell you their beer.

Most of us have no interest in becoming professional brewers. That would take the fun out of it. There are a few pro's around here, but www.probrewer.com is probably better.

If you are starting a brewery and are looking to hire, I would post on a site like indeed.com.

Just curious, as I'm good with loop-holes...

But, what if you wanted one of my brews and in lieu of selling to you, you offered to buy the ingredients/supplies for me and have me brew. You keep the resulting product?

Well there's only a few dozen threads discussing the legalities of selling, trading for, and tipping for homebrew already. But, carry on.
OP - there are commercial breweries that will produce and package a recipe that is provided... A bit of an outsourcing strategy that some small breweries use when demand is hard to keep up with on their smaller systems, or they cannot invest in a canning line, but want to do a can release, etc. Your question is interesting. What kind of beer styles do you like?

Last edited:
I forget the details but I believe there is a company that buys recipes from homebrewers, brews it and ships it to customers looking for something different. But as stated above there are tons of good beer recipes available for free. It might be legal to buy ingredients for someone and have them give you some homebrew but if it was a formal exchange rather than “gifts” I’m sure the local alcohol control officials would say it’s illegal.

Just curious, as I'm good with loop-holes...

But, what if you wanted one of my brews and in lieu of selling to you, you offered to buy the ingredients/supplies for me and have me brew. You keep the resulting product?
Depends on the state/county. Some see no problem in the purchase of ingredients while others see that as selling the beer even though it's not technically beer until the yeast hits the wort.

We used to (barely) get away with the whole free beer if you purchase a cup at the door in college. We heard this was a strict no-no in other states.

Does anyone sell their recipes or their own brews? If so where can I find someone who would know this information?
Whether you can buy or sell homebrew legally depends on where you are, which you have not revealed. Homebrew recipes are posted all over the web including homebrewtalk.com not to mention in many homebrew recipe books.

I think you need to supply more information about your motivation and goals in order for anyone to provide meaningful advice.

I think what you want is someone to custom brew a recipe for you.
Have you checked for a local brew club in your town?
If you have one go to a meeting and ask around.
Do you have a micro-brewery near you?
Might be a good place to start.

Of course you could always learn to brew for yourself as the basic (but work intensive) setup is very cheap. You can do it in about 4 hours in a small kitchen.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Sorry, but In a supposedly "free country" (USA) you can't sell beer or any alcoholic beverage without a licence and first paying taxes. Everyone is used to this form of Tyranny, so you never hear any complaints. But many of the founding fathers produced and sold ale and cider in taverns they owned and never would have imagined a government "by and for the people" would turn into the the oppressive, overwhelming bureaucracy we now have to deal with. Taverns had licences, but the array of ridiculous regulations we now accept did not exist.
Can you sell homebrew today? Sure, just like you can sell crack, heroin, meth and many other items. But the profit margin in beer isn't the same as the markup on dope, so violating the law isn't worth it. In countries other than the USA, the laws are different, but politicians the world over have been paid to place barriers to competition and have felt the need to collect as much tax as possible, so I'm skeptical there is any place you can legally sell homebrew.

There's no point in selling recipes. Recipes are not subject to copyright laws and there are already hundreds of thousands of beer recipes available. However, you can hire a consultant to develop beer recipes for you.

Last edited:
Back