does anyone know if these take 1/4'' or 3/16'' beer line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've shoved both 3/16" on ball lock quick disconnects. It just takes a bit more effort with 3/16", dip the end in hot water before putting it on if you want to make it easier.

I've shoved both 3/16" on ball lock quick disconnects. It just takes a bit more effort with 3/16", dip the end in hot water before putting it on if you want to make it easier.

but for those ones in particular? think teh 1/4 inch lines will work?

Put 3/16" ID on the beer line (black) and 5/16" ID on the gas line.

You could just get the QD's with threads and use your own swivel nuts on them. I use 1/4" barb swivel nuts for my beer lines (3/16" ID) and the 5/16" for gas lines. On the beer lines, all you need to do (at most) is put them into very hot water (the hose ends) to get them soft enough to push onto the barb. Secure with Oetiker clamp and you're golden.

I find it's really easy to put the beer line on the barb if you have it on the QD. That way you have something to push with/against.

Back