Does anyone know a refrigeration tech in St. Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamcclureuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I few months back, I picked up a True T-49 refrigerator off of craigslist for $700. It was a great deal and I've been using it as a fermentation closet.

Well, it stopped cooling properly so I called a repair company and the tech said that there was a block in a capilary tube. He said that it would take about 4 hours in labor and minimal amount in parts....however, he said that it would be $700 to $1000!!!!

He said that any refrigeration tech could do it for cheap on the side..... but I don't know anyone locally?

Does anyone know a refrigeration tech in St. Louis who would like to make some money on the side?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I found a guy yesterday who came out to my house an in an hour, was able to completely flush the fridge's lines and get it back up and running for a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this guy. PLUS, he collects beer atiquities! Anyway, his comtact info it Steve Durham from Med-Tech 636-677-0070. He does the refrigeration at in the labs at Washington university and also for Anheuser-Busch.

Back