Does a tri clamp to camlock valve exist?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewdyQuah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a tri clamp valve that has a 1/2" female end that I screw my camlock into. If possible, I'd like to rid myself of threaded componentry if I can.

I know there are valves that are tri clamp on both sides, but I was just curious if anyone makes a valve that is tri clamp (tri clover) on one end, and camlock male on the outflow side.

I have searched, but cannot find anything. Thought it would be worth asking this crowd. Thanks in advance.

Brewhardware.com
Bobby has everything you’ll ever need. Great company, great products, great service, great people.

I know there are valves that are tri clamp on both sides, but I was just curious if anyone makes a valve that is tri clamp (tri clover) on one end, and camlock male on the outflow side.
Not to my knowledge. The advantage of a tri-clover port on the output side is that with the right adapter you can connect basically anything to it. With a built-in camlock port that's all you're ever going to be able to use.
Your best bet is to buy a threadless tri-clover to camlock adapter like the one linked in the post above.

Thanks all for the research & replies. I was just interested in knowing if there was a ball valve that was TC on one side and camlock on the other. I have yet to find one (as a single unit).

Since my goal is to rid myself of threaded connections, It appears that the best option is a TC-TC ball valve, and just add the adaptor (as LarMoeCur) linked to.

Thanks again!

That's what I would do. HOWEVER, you really should consider reaching out to Bobby at brewhardware.com (they don't pay me to say, this... honest). Unless I'm mistaken, they do a fair amount of custom build work, and they've designed and built TONS of innovative stuff for brewing and this kind of "stainless steel connector to convert X to Y" is kind of their specialty. They might have a clever solution to your problem ready to go right off the shelf. If not, I am 100% confident they the skill to build something custom to do what you're asking about (you'd have to ask them if that's something they'd do), and if there is interest in the community I wouldn't be surprised if they just start offering it as a new product.

Seriously... these guys are great. I go out of my way to buy from them whenever possible.

Also, to be clear... I'm talking about brewhardware.com (based in NJ... website is basically all black and white) NOT brewershardware.com (based in CA... site has a brown/maroon menubar... they advertise regularly on Brulosophy).

I have no intention of throwing shade at brewers hardware (I've heard plenty of good things), but I personally have no experience with them.

Back