Do you mention your homebrewing hobby in job interviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone is referring to Catholics. Catholics have virtually no issues with alcohol. I never met a priest who'd turn down a drink. :D

Ill try not to offend anyone, but here in Utah the mormons have a book seperate from the book of mormon, cant remember the name, but it specifically tells them not to drink or partake in any event that has anything to do with alcohol.

My wife and I are Christians, and so is her side of the family, they all drink alcohol and love my brew hobby, no one is a raging alcoholic, everyone knows thier limits.. I think when you tell someone they cant do something thats when you get problems, I know alot of mormons and thier biggest sin is the fact that they think theyre better than everyone else. the fact of the matter is they/we all have problems, some hide them better.

Also the religion of mormonism, was founded by brewers lol!

We have a local church here that has a brew contest, pretty cool, just thought id give my 2 cents..

For the record...I don't know a single Geologist. Where do they hang out? They sound like a lot of fun. :D
Most of the geologists working for us tend to hang out with each other complaining about their boss while drinking quality beer they buy with the money we pay them:rolleyes:. But geologists also spend a lot of time hiking, climbing, fishing and rock collecting in pretty areas.

Interviewed for a police service. Internet use is part of it, so I had to explain what HBT is and briefly talked about homebrewing. They didn't have a problem with it, and I got the job. I certainly wouldn't have brought it up on my own though.

Back