Do I trust my wife?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackwood

Reaction score
On Monday, 03/18/2013, I brewed my AmberBock clone and it has been fermenting away nicely at 54deg. At one week or so I will start dropping the temp down 1-2 degrees a day until I reach approximately 34deg. Problem! I am leaving town for over a week and will have to depend on my wife to adjust the temp daily for me.

Am I coming back to town with my ferm chamber at what I left it at or do you think that there's a chance in hell that she'll remember to adjust it?

If not, will there be any problem just proceeding with the gradual drop when I get back. Shouldn't be, but I have to ask.

Thanks in advance. :mug:

If not, will there be any problem just proceeding with the gradual drop when I get back. Shouldn't be, but I have to ask.

That should be fine. If she forgets, the extra week at 54* won't hurt it.

If it were me, my wife would be expecting (and getting) a daily text msg reminder--- "don't forget to babysit the beer!".:D

Just an update: Got back in to town this past Monday and what do you kow, my beautiful loving wife had successfully gotten my temp down to 34degrees!! MAN, I love that woman. Now to let it sit at 34 for 3-4 weeks and get on with business.

THANK YOU SWMBO!!!

Unless it was day 1 = 34° "Don't kknow why he spends so much time on this beer stuff" :D

I thought of that too. I just have to trust that all went correct I guess. You know women, and that means that until that one day she'd never let it out that she went straight to 34. They are just good that way. Or bad. whichever. hahaha

Latest posts

Back