DIY Drip Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splobucket

Reaction score
So I decided to worry about my drip tray after I completed my kegerator build. I didn't know how damn expensive they'd be. So I went ahead and decided to build one myself. This is how it turned out!
22279_554203424906_17502548_32399490_4306712_n.jpg

The benefit (as I see it) is the rubber mat is removable so I can easily rinse it out in the sink. Now I realize that i wont be able to dump liquid down it, since it's not drained, but the way I see it is that since it's just a home set up I shouldn't be spilling all that much :)

22279_554203434886_17502548_32399492_5311653_n.jpg

It was actually pretty easy to make. I did end up buying a table saw so I could make it (which of course is far more expensive than a wide drip tray). But after that it was just a 1x6 and a 1x4. And a whole bunch of nails. Is now a good time to mention that I love my nailgun?

22279_554203439876_17502548_32399493_1686964_n.jpg

It's sturdy as heck too.

Looks good, I have had the idea to build my own on the back of my head for a while for the same reason as you...why on God's green earth are those things so damned expensive!?! Until then its a bar towel doing the job :)

"I guess you didn't see the sweet tray over at barproducts.com for $15?"

I don't know, it is 19.5" long, I might have to still build mine :)

I'll have to check this out from home when I can see the pics. Although I like the looks of my DIY drip tray (shown in my sig link), it is not as functional as I had hoped since drips are landing right on the flat metal.

So I decided to worry about my drip tray after I completed my kegerator build. I didn't know how damn expensive they'd be. So I went ahead and decided to build one myself.

I like your drip tray, and the ease of cleaning it. Great!
And the fact that you made it yourself adds a personal value that you can't get with store bought. Well done! :mug:

I have a 4 tap kegerator with the taps spaced about 8" apart so that across the entire front(about 40 inches) there is a uniform 8" gap between every facuet and 8" on either side of the far outside facuets. 2 of the Barproducts.com tray will span the about exact distance. Can't wait to get home and finally order them so the floor stays clean!

Back