DIY Cool Bot Builders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, sorry for reviving an old thread but there appears to be a lot of great participants in the thread. I'm thinking of doing something like this (a DIY coolbot). Has anyone turned this info into a project with more detailed instructions. I have experience with some DIY projects with Raspberry Pis and Arduinos but would love to review an already completed project.

More specifically I'm curious if anyone has had their DIY approach running for more than a few months successfully?

The part of the project that seems most concerning is the sensor for the fins, given the temperature. What sensor have you found to work?

I built a couple and a friend ran one for over 6 months. Apparently it's not working now but I haven't had a chance to fix it for him, so I don't know what the issue is. I suspect a sensor was damaged as I built them with garbage wiring.

The threat of lawsuits from Cool Bot owners had a chilling effect on doing this activity publicly.

Ya, they work great! It's a nice simple design. I'd be curious to learn if anyone has been successful setting them up with those $15 controllers.

Back