Dip Tube when using a PICO Style FB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamgardner

Reaction score
Hello to whoever reads this....
I just bought the PICO Style FB for my Sanke Mash Tun. The PICO FB has a platform it rests on thats 1 1/2" to 2" off that bottom of the keg. My question is if I mount the Ball valve as low as I can, there will still be a fairly large area under the Ball valve and I am worried I will not be able to drain the MT all the way. The solution could be a dip tube but the PICO FB platform is arranged with a criss/cross pattern and wont allow for the dip tube to be placed in the center like most are. Any suggestions? or will it drain fine?

Thanks for any insight.....

Here is the FB...
http://www.homebrewing.org/Stainless-Steel-PICO-style-keg-kettle-false-bottom_p_1010.html

Are there channels in the support base? I have never seen a FB like this and three pictures don't give me enough info to want to buy it or to be able to help you. Could you post more pictures of it? We could then give a better answer and get some info on the product as well.

Looking at the pictures that are listed it looks to me that the support base will not sit flush on the bottom and will be raised somewhat. As long as your diptube doesn't extend out to far it looks like it might work. Again... it's hard to say from the pictures.

Thanks for your reply. The support base does not sit flush and there is about a 4" by 3" rectangle in front of the ball valve(inside) where a small dip tube could be mounted. I can take some pics and post...

As long as it's not sitting flush and your dip tube is not too long it looks like it would work fine. Granted you will be somewhat limited with the options for what type of dip tube you use.

Back