Digiboil 35L 220v version is Amazing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry_the_face

Reaction score
I just used my Digiboil 35L 220v for the first time and it was my best brew do in 7 years! I am moving from a propane burner but I have been doing all grain since the beginning. With my propane setup I had to drag everything out of the garage to brew and then drag it all back in. With my Digiboil I can finally brew in my "brew room" in my basement which has been waiting for 5 years to be used.

I installed a 50amp breaker with 4 awg wire to a sub panel that has one 20 amp and one 30 amp GFCI breaker. My long term goal is to get a 65L Digiboil so I can do 5 and 10 gallon batches and use the other one for a HLT. My mash tun is a 10 gal igloo cooler with a false bottom.

I has able to heat 3.25 gal of strike water from 72F to 170F in 20 min.
6.5 gallons went from mash out to boiling in another 20 min.
I kept both burners on during the boil and it was a very vigorous boil and with the lid off the whole 60 min boil I lost 1.5 gallons. (Next time I will probably turn off the 500 watt burner to reduce the boil off).
All of the times above are at least 50% faster than my propane burner if not half the time.

I am not overstating it when I say the Digiboil has made me want to brew again. IN the coming weeks I will have the pump and quick connect hoses set-up and things will have a permanent location. Today I just move things around to gravity feed and so I could get a feel for how I want to set things up.

Glad to hear that. I bought the 115v just for an HLT, but soon bought the malt pipe and have enjoyed using it to brew indoors. It is soooo slow though. If I can get a 220 installed in the garage for a decent price, I will get the bigger digiboil.

I bought the 4/3 wire on amazon in a 25ft section. It was probably the most expensive part of installing the 220v. I found the spa type sub panel that already had a 30amp and 20 amp GFCI breaker on Facebook for a good price and wired it myself. I have open joists in my basement and the wire had to make a straight run to my brew room adjacent to the mechical room.

Back