Didn't think it'd be this easy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thehopguy

Reaction score
Ordered a digital temperature control the other day and knew I had to start looking around for a chest freezer.

Checked craigslist today and get a post about a 100$ 5 cu ft. chest freezer.. I email..get a quick email back.. an hour later I got a chest freezer sitting at my house :rockin:

This hot san diego weather is gonna be no problem..:tank:

Thehopguy said:
Ordered a digital temperature control the other day and knew I had to start looking around for a chest freezer.

Checked craigslist today and get a post about a 100$ 5 cu ft. chest freezer.. I email..get a quick email back.. an hour later I got a chest freezer sitting at my house :rockin:

This hot san diego weather is gonna be no problem..:tank:

I got an 8.8 and a 7 for 100 each, I also live in SD. Keep a better eye out you can find better deals. Just takes diligence and constant check ups.
Chest freezers are amazing, just be careful when lifting your carboy out, it's a heavy SOB.

This freezer isn't for a keg its for fermenting

And I needed a 5 cu ft bcuz my space is limited. Maybe I could have gotten it cheaper but that's ok. When I need to expand my friend said he would trade me his 9 cu ft for mine bcuz he needs a smaller one. Thanks friend!

Sup Hop, the weather is really nice and cold right now. I just put my Red Ale in the ice bath. let me know how the fridge works out cause im thinking of picking one up

SDCore said:
Sup Hop, the weather is really nice and cold right now. I just put my Red Ale in the ice bath. let me know how the fridge works out cause im thinking of picking one up

I use a chest freezer for fermentation, and I got one I'm converting next weekend to a keezer. Chest freezer is great. The only downfall is that it's hard to lift em out. But if you get one of those harnesses it's easy

I check CL every day for a 7ft or bigger chest freezer but can never find any in my area that are a) priced right b) in good condition.

I think I am just going to bite the bullet and pick one up at lowes for $179...

kingmatt said:
I check CL every day for a 7ft or bigger chest freezer but can never find any in my area that are a) priced right b) in good condition.

I think I am just going to bite the bullet and pick one up at lowes for $179...

Ouch that sucks, it really takes a lot of checking to get one before another brewer gets it. I just buy them as long as they work, I don't care about dents or dings, they have no factor in how cold my beer is.

Now I know where all the CL freezers are going. Didn't think I had that much competition here in San Diego. :(

RickWG said:
Now I know where all the CL freezers are going. Didn't think I had that much competition here in San Diego. :(

Lol all I have is 2, that's all I need. I'll keep an eye out for you and PM you when I find one.

Latest posts

Back