• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Keezer with compressor problems cheap - $100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonyluv

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Selling a keezer based on a Kenmore 8.8 cu ft chest freeezer. I built the collar myself 8 years ago and have been using it since for commercial and homebrew kegs.

The freezer itself no longer cools below 50 degrees so it needs to be fixed or replaced. The collar that I have is not attached to the chest freezer and would be easy to transfer to a new one if you want.

The collar is made with 2x8 boards with a 1x10 outer layer that slides over the freezer. The collar includes five Perlick taps, 3 525s and 2 545s flow controls. On the inside of the collar are mounted a 4 port regulator with one port connect to a 4 port manifold. Two computer fans are mounted through the collar for air circulation and the temp is controlled with a Johnson Controls A419.

Included is a dolly with casters made for the keezer to make moving it easier.

Local pickup only in the bay area, northern California. Even if you're getting a new freezer, this is a package deal (It's a good price for the parts but I need to get rid of the whole thing).

Price is $100.

More photos are available on request

Attachments

• 01A990A1-A827-4980-93A3-B684D5B275A6.jpeg
    01A990A1-A827-4980-93A3-B684D5B275A6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 426E505E-2231-4F81-8850-2064B8483284.jpeg
    426E505E-2231-4F81-8850-2064B8483284.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Where in the bay? Is it possible to get the dimensions of the collar to see if I can fit it on my freezer? Thanks!

Where in the bay? Is it possible to get the dimensions of the collar to see if I can fit it on my freezer? Thanks!
I'm in Alameda.

The inner dimensions are 38 1/8 x 18 5/8. The 2x8s are 1.5 inches thick which is what sits on the freezer itself. There is a layer of 1x10s outside of that which extends down on the outside of the freezer.

I'd be interested in the hardware if you are willing to pack it all in a large flat rate box.
Everything else, lumber & tubing can go to the garbage or wherever.
Thanks for the interest. I'm not looking to ship items.

Although if no one can use the collar, I'll put up the hardware for a local sale.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to use the collar. My freezer is shorter and deeper. I’m in Modesto. I can wait a bit and see if you can find a taker that can benefit from the collar. If you can’t, maybe I’ll use it as an excuse to go back to faction.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to use the collar. My freezer is shorter and deeper. I’m in Modesto. I can wait a bit and see if you can find a taker that can benefit from the collar. If you can’t, maybe I’ll use it as an excuse to go back to faction.
Lol, headed to faction in a few minutes. Send me a DM and let me know what works for you. Happy to find a way to accommodate a fellow brewer and faction fan.

Ps. The collar has about a lot of faction stickers on it since I’ve been buying kegs from them for a while

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back