Did my kegs come with dip tubes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

html034

Reaction score
I bought a couple of reconditioned 5 gallon corny kegs from Midwest, by themselves without any of the accessories. I won't go into my situation, but I need to know what other pieces I have to order, and I won't see the kegs before I need to order the other stuff. So, do I need to order dip tubes?

I have never seen a keg sold without dip tubes or poppet valves. As long as you have a gas tank with a regulator, all you will need are grey gas connections and black liquid connections assuming that you bought Pepsi style Ball Lock kegs.Tubing and some form of tap be it picnic tap, chrome or forward sealing. For cleaning it is not a bad idea to get a dip tube brush and some BLC for cleaning the lines.

If they are reconditioned, and not just used, then you do not need anything else. If they are used, you should replace all of the rubber gaskets.

I am also assuming that you have your CO2 tank, regulator, faucets, beer line, gas line, disconnects, etc.

Back