Did I screw this up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsquireKSU

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am making a cream style ale out of this recipe:

5 lbs. (2.3 kg) two row malt (harrington)
2.0 lb. (0.45 kg) 6-row pale malt
0.5 lb. (0.23 kg) CaraPils® malt
1.0 lb. (0.45) flaked maize (corn)
1.0 lb. (0.45) dried rice extract
1/3 tsp. gypsum
1/8 tsp. calcium chloride
1 tsp. Irish moss
3.8 AAU Perle hop pellets (60 mins)
(0.5 oz./14 g of 7.5% alpha acids)
4 AAU Hallertau hops (30 mins)
(1.0 oz./28 g of 4% alpha acids)
Wyeast 1056 (American Ale) or
White Labs WLP002 (English Ale) yeast
0.75 cups corn sugar (for priming)

the instructions say to mash for 60 minutes at 150 degrees, and add the cara pils to the mash for the last 15 minutes. I was at the home brew store and like an idiot had them mill all my grains together in one bag. Should I go back and have them redo the grain bill or will I be ok?

Thanks....

Thank god. I was not trying to go back to my LHBS. The lady that owes it would look at me with shame lol.... Since I am at it I plan on using my mashtun for this recipe is there any sort of calculator for how much water I need to use in order to get enough for a 5 gallon boil?

Thank god. I was not trying to go back to my LHBS. The lady that owes it would look at me with shame lol.... Since I am at it I plan on using my mashtun for this recipe is there any sort of calculator for how much water I need to use in order to get enough for a 5 gallon boil?

Just google mash water calculator, there are a few good ones out there.

Back