Desperately trying to find way to connect wort chiller to sink...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a garden hose adapter shown above and one of these , just unscrew the aerator from the faucet and screw in hose. Best price on Amazon Beaulife 304 Stainless Steel Metal Short Garden Hose 3 Feet Flexible, Portable & | eBay
63547805475__6A615044-B8BB-4AF6-AB1F-170CACC57C67.fullsizerender.JPG

Last edited:
Ha. Unbelievable. It works. Janky as hell, but it works. =c)View attachment 728907

The only drawback with this is that the swivel fitting on the sinkhead is VERY low flow, may be 2-gallons per minutes. If it works for you, then it's all good. Might not be enough for others.

MC

Bucket and sump pump off Amazon. You get the bonus of being able to add ice and pump ice water through the chiller.

Run the water as fast as you can through the chiller. Do not recirculate the exhaust back into the ice. Yes, you will save water, but the trade off is you will use more ice.

Rather than go off the faucet, try a different route.

Get a threaded tee and shutoff valve from the hardware store. Turn your cold water off under the sink at the valve and put the tee between the valve that comes out of the wall and the cold water supply line that runs to the sink. Put the shut off valve you bought on the middle of the tee. That is now your cold water tap. Simply connect a quick disconnet to that and you're set.

If my memory serves from watching their YouTube videos, I'm pretty sure that's how the guys at Clawhammer Supply have their chiller water set up.

So I recently moved to a new apartment and my kitchen sink faucet does not have a standard garden hose attachment.

The sink in question is this American Standard Fairbury Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet in Polished Chrome-4005F - The Home Depot

I have tried going to the hardware store to find an adapter that will go from a garden hose to what I can only assume is a proprietary size. The size is somewhere in between 3/8 and 1/4 but quite frankly I'm not sure any size will actually work based on the threading on the other sink end.

What other options do I have? I have been dying to brew but I just can't figure out a way to connect my wort chiller to a water source....

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!
I have something really similar. I found the sprayer part unscrews and there’s a hose with an in-between, oddball sized male thread connection. I found a beer nut from a beer shank was close enough that I could make it work with several wraps of teflon tape. Its a PITA to unscrew and set up for every brew and pull the teflon off when I’m done. But the alternative for me was to carry the boiling pot and chiller down the basrment steps to the basrment deep sink. So again, I made it work best I could.

Quick update: Used this ridiculous setup successfully tonight. Chilled 5 gallons in about 15 minutes. Not great, but not bad for bottom-line wort chiller.

Still looking for a better hookup, but this worked for now.

Thanks to soccerdad for the help.

And thanks to Culinarytracker for offering to help me do it the "right" way. Even though it's not the solution I'm looking for, I genuinely appreciate your offer to help another, random homebrewer on the internet. Cheers!
03118559-5D56-4136-B37C-23A8788043C8.jpeg

Back