Delirium Tremens extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markg954

Reaction score
i was looking for a delirium tremens extract recipe. i could only find an all grain recipe, which is way to advanced for me... please send a recipe my way

Here's one Google helped me find:

OG: 1.084
SG: 1.013
SRM: 7
IBU: 26
ABV: 9.1%

Extract:
7oz. German Munich Malt
5oz. Belgian Biscuit malt
3oz. Belgian Aromatic
7.5lbs Extra Light DME
1.5lbs Belgian Clear Candi Sugar
1lb Invert Sugar (Lyle's Golden Syrup)
1.5oz. Styrian Goldings (60 min)
.25oz. Styrian Goldings (15min)
.25oz. Czech Saaz (15 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15min)
.25oz. Czech Saaz (4 min)
.25tsp. Grains of Paradise (4 min)
Wyeast 1214 Belgian Abbey Ale or Wyeast 1388 Belgian Strong Ale

Steep Grains at 150 degrees for 30 minutes. Strain and Sparge grains with 150 degree water. Bring to boil, remove from heat, add DME, candi sugar, inver sugar and Styrian Goldings hops (1.5oz.) Bring to boil add additional ingredients as noted...
Primary - 7 days
Secondary - 4-6 weeks
Bottle condition - 4-6 weeks

Add fresh dose of same strain yeast 3 days before bottling.
Bottle with 1/2 cup Corn sugar and 1/3 cup Clear Candi Sugar, boiled in 2 cups water for 10 minutes

All-Grain:
11.75lbs Belgian 2-row Pilsner
7oz. German Munich Malt
5oz. Belgian Biscuit malt
3oz. Belgian Aromatic
1.5lbs Belgian Clear Candi Sugar
1lb Invert Sugar (Lyle's Golden Syrup)
1.25oz. Styrian Goldings (90 min)
.25oz. Styrian Goldings (15min)
.25oz. Czech Saaz (15 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15min)
.25oz. Czech Saaz (4 min)
.25tsp. Grains of Paradise (4 min)

Wyeast 1214 Belgian Abbey Ale or Wyeast 1388 Belgian Strong Ale

Mash Grains at 150 degrees for 90 minutes. Sparge. Bring to boil, candi sugar, inver sugar and Styrian Goldings hops (1.5oz.) Bring to boil add additional ingredients as noted...
Primary - 7 days
Secondary - 4-6 weeks
Bottle condition - 4-6 weeks

Add fresh dose of same strain yeast 3 days before bottling.
Bottle with 1/2 cup Corn sugar and 1/3 cup Clear Candi Sugar, boiled in 2 cups water for 10 minutes

Where the hell are you people getting Tremors. I can only find Nocturnum in stores.

:p

Well, if you find yourself in northern Kentucky or southern Indiana, look me up and I'll buy you a few. :tank:

Where the hell are you people getting Tremors. I can only find Nocturnum in stores.

Crud, all I can find is Tremens and I prefer the Nocturnum. Oh well, both great beers. Good luck to the poster in finding a recipe, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

There's a giant thread on cloning DT on Northern Brewer's forum.

Hmm brewed that recipe with not much success...
O.G. was like 1.086 fermented for 8-9 days then went to secondary for a month then kegged it.
It needs a lot of time to mellow out
very high alcohol and sweetness to it

watch your gravity with this one, keep it per the recipe intructions

also I kegged this, not bottled so possibly that could be the difference
Good luck!!

I just got an extract kit from a local homebrew store. The last kit I got from the turned out dead on w/ what it was supposed to be.

Brewed it tonight. Gimme a little while and I'll come back w/ a report.

Austin Homebrew has an extract recipe clone kit on their website. It's kind of expensive, but I may try it out at some point.

Ressurecting this since I was looking for an extract recipe and I used to live in Buffalo. I hope this difficulty finding Delerium doesn't apply anymore...if you live in Amherst the local Wegmans should carry Tremens (though I think they run out a lot which is why you might just see Nocturnum at times). I've found it at a few bars but IIRC Panos (the diner that's now a restaurant) always had it at the bar for close to the price you'd pay for it in stores anyway. Failing that I'm almost sure that Consumer's in Kenmore carries it as well, I never went to the Sheridan location so I don't know.

Back