Definition of a Boil...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czarethan

Reaction score
For now, I boil my wort om am electric oven, and run into a bit of a quandary every time I brew (extract, by the way). All of the recipes that I use say boil the wort at a certain temp (nothing ever above 180 F), but my wort never begins to boil until a much higher temp (210-2210 F). I am still doing partial boil as of yet as well. I am worried about producing unwanted chemicals and the lot, but then I have never read anything the definitively states that I should stick to temperature, and not worry about bubbling wort. Any advice would be great.

Boil at 180F?

Umm, boiling takes place at 212 at sea level. Unless you are boiling at like 60,000 feet, boiling will be 209-212F

The instructions are bad, toss them, boil it, disregard the 180F thing

Generally, you steep grains under 170 degrees, then you remove them and bring the resulting liquid to a boil. Can you post a typical recipe/instruction sheet that you use, to show us what you mean? That would help us give you better advice!

Portugues to English maybe? Our aircraft manuals were translated, oye!

Wow, maybe I need to go back to school, remedial lit. and some grade school physical science or something. My uneasiness has been allayed, all is well. Mant thanks.

Latest posts

Back