Quantcast

Deep Six Brewing System - v3.0

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I got mine back from the welder. I had him weld fittings for two heating elements, a sight glass, an outlet, a thermo-well and a thermometer. I am going to have to rework my stand to make it fit, but I am on my way.

Now, if I can just get my cold-room wrapped up...

Kauai_Kahuna

Reaction score
Baby steps at first, you are obviously very busy with getting you life and home back in order. Just please remember brewing is part of your life. :mug:

You are building your new house on piers right?
The old 100 year floods will become the new decade floods, don't forget the 100ft tower with the helo-pad evacuation site.

jeremysavoy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Any further thoughts on marketing and selling your brewery v2.0 automation software and putting together a parts list and diagram of the hardware configuration?

Truly remarkable stuff .... great work and I hope you can get back to brewing soon !

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
Damn those puppies are huge! I don't know what I'd do with 3 sanke kegs full of beer...but I'm sure I'd figure out something!

slakwhere

Reaction score
dear santa, i've been good all year. i don't even want any presents for myself, but my friend John Beere needs some time and money to build the most epic homebrew system ever (and the most epic brew shed to house it in). please help him.

/subscribed.

fred_zepp

Reaction score
must....see.....moarrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

BucksPA

Reaction score
My goal is to fill three sankey kegs per batch - so that's just about perfect.
Subscribed. cant wait to see how this turns out. When you go to the doctor, have him/her check your triglycerides, because consuming that much beer will surely elevate your triglyceride levels :)

OP
John Beere

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed, my 'brewery' is currently being built.. You can read about it here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/deep-six-brewery-back-action-164889/

I still haven't really started on v3.0 of my rig, and 2.0 isn't going anywhere.. it will still be my primary rig I'm sure.. but I finally found a Natural Gas burner worthy of boil kettle. It is a 200k, 44-jet monster I found in the Interwebs..

valicious

Reaction score
I'd be incredibly interested in buying the software and plans for v2.0 from you. I'm in a wheelchair, so the more automation the better.
I saw your system, and I literally fell over. Having a touchscreen interface has always been a dream for me, but you managed to make it work.

Let me save up some money, and I'll be sending you a PM soon. I'm struggling to find ways to make it physically feasible to brew (it's getting harder and harder), and your v2.0 system would be a dream come true for me.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
Wow, that's a big burner. I almost burnt my face off just looking at the picture. I've got the 23-tip version of this (NG), and it is pretty crazy with the amount of heat it throws. On full blast, I have a cone of blue flame about 2 feet tall. But this thing...jeez, that's a damn big burner.

Erik53

Reaction score
I saw one of those large kegs the other day when I was sitting in a McDonald's drive-thru. It was in the back of a McDonald's semi-truck with a long hose running from the keg to the inside of the restaurant. It couldn't tell what was running through the hose... my thought is hot grease? or maybe its a big cola syrup container?

Erik53

Reaction score
I forget to mention that I took a picture. Here it is. Do you think its the same keg?

ChandlerBang

Reaction score
Maybe contact a restaurant supply company. M&M here in Springfield, OH pull McDonalds trailers. They might be able to tell you what is in the giant kegs and how to get more.

kornbread

Reaction score
I've seen these kegs when I was delivering some stuff to a McDonalds dist. center.

They have Pin-lock gas in and liquid out posts, and Coca-Cola labels on them. I guess it saves the driver a lot of back breaking work unloading those Syrup boxes.

thepirho

Reaction score
Honestly they just look like big compressed gas tanks, I think I have seen a few on the side of the road in Dallas pumping nitrogen into telecommunication lines to keep moisture out. As far as cleaning them with nitrogen, I think they meant liquid nitrogen which would probably break any chemical down and carry it away.

I will try to take a picture next time I drive by one. Also they could be large propane tanks.

Must ask H. Hill about it.

Reaction score
I've seen these kegs when I was delivering some stuff to a McDonalds dist. center.

They have Pin-lock gas in and liquid out posts, and Coca-Cola labels on them. I guess it saves the driver a lot of back breaking work unloading those Syrup boxes.
Mcdonalds keeps the Regular Coke in those bulk tanks. Everything else is bag-in-a-box.

SkylerChaBro

Reaction score
It's been a while, but I'm subscribed. Your previous projects were fantastic.

OP
John Beere

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've let this thread slip.. I still have the kegs but haven't done anything further with them. And while all hope isn't lost on the project, I've mainly been focusing on perfecting my 10 gallon system. Perhaps I'll pick the project back up for use in group brew days, etc..?

twanger1994

Reaction score
So, What are the kegs? Where did they come from? Most importantly, Where can I get my own?

jbrewkeggin

Reaction score
When you converted from PID controllers to your sprinkler box computer/labjack usb device/touchscreen setup, what did you do to implement the PID portion? Did you write your own code for this action? Did the USB device come with a library?

-Jbrew