Deep Six Brewing System - v3.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine back from the welder. I had him weld fittings for two heating elements, a sight glass, an outlet, a thermo-well and a thermometer. I am going to have to rework my stand to make it fit, but I am on my way.

Now, if I can just get my cold-room wrapped up...

Baby steps at first, you are obviously very busy with getting you life and home back in order. Just please remember brewing is part of your life. :mug:

You are building your new house on piers right?
The old 100 year floods will become the new decade floods, don't forget the 100ft tower with the helo-pad evacuation site.

Any further thoughts on marketing and selling your brewery v2.0 automation software and putting together a parts list and diagram of the hardware configuration?

Truly remarkable stuff .... great work and I hope you can get back to brewing soon !

Damn those puppies are huge! I don't know what I'd do with 3 sanke kegs full of beer...but I'm sure I'd figure out something!

dear santa, i've been good all year. i don't even want any presents for myself, but my friend John Beere needs some time and money to build the most epic homebrew system ever (and the most epic brew shed to house it in). please help him.

/subscribed.

My goal is to fill three sankey kegs per batch - so that's just about perfect.

Subscribed. cant wait to see how this turns out. When you go to the doctor, have him/her check your triglycerides, because consuming that much beer will surely elevate your triglyceride levels :)

If you haven't noticed, my 'brewery' is currently being built.. You can read about it here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/deep-six-brewery-back-action-164889/

I still haven't really started on v3.0 of my rig, and 2.0 isn't going anywhere.. it will still be my primary rig I'm sure.. but I finally found a Natural Gas burner worthy of boil kettle. It is a 200k, 44-jet monster I found in the Interwebs..

burner7.jpg

I'd be incredibly interested in buying the software and plans for v2.0 from you. I'm in a wheelchair, so the more automation the better.
I saw your system, and I literally fell over. Having a touchscreen interface has always been a dream for me, but you managed to make it work.

Let me save up some money, and I'll be sending you a PM soon. I'm struggling to find ways to make it physically feasible to brew (it's getting harder and harder), and your v2.0 system would be a dream come true for me.

Wow, that's a big burner. I almost burnt my face off just looking at the picture. I've got the 23-tip version of this (NG), and it is pretty crazy with the amount of heat it throws. On full blast, I have a cone of blue flame about 2 feet tall. But this thing...jeez, that's a damn big burner.

I saw one of those large kegs the other day when I was sitting in a McDonald's drive-thru. It was in the back of a McDonald's semi-truck with a long hose running from the keg to the inside of the restaurant. It couldn't tell what was running through the hose... my thought is hot grease? or maybe its a big cola syrup container?

Maybe contact a restaurant supply company. M&M here in Springfield, OH pull McDonalds trailers. They might be able to tell you what is in the giant kegs and how to get more.

I've seen these kegs when I was delivering some stuff to a McDonalds dist. center.

They have Pin-lock gas in and liquid out posts, and Coca-Cola labels on them. I guess it saves the driver a lot of back breaking work unloading those Syrup boxes.

Honestly they just look like big compressed gas tanks, I think I have seen a few on the side of the road in Dallas pumping nitrogen into telecommunication lines to keep moisture out. As far as cleaning them with nitrogen, I think they meant liquid nitrogen which would probably break any chemical down and carry it away.

I will try to take a picture next time I drive by one. Also they could be large propane tanks.

Must ask H. Hill about it.

I've seen these kegs when I was delivering some stuff to a McDonalds dist. center.

They have Pin-lock gas in and liquid out posts, and Coca-Cola labels on them. I guess it saves the driver a lot of back breaking work unloading those Syrup boxes.

Mcdonalds keeps the Regular Coke in those bulk tanks. Everything else is bag-in-a-box.

I've let this thread slip.. I still have the kegs but haven't done anything further with them. And while all hope isn't lost on the project, I've mainly been focusing on perfecting my 10 gallon system. Perhaps I'll pick the project back up for use in group brew days, etc..?

When you converted from PID controllers to your sprinkler box computer/labjack usb device/touchscreen setup, what did you do to implement the PID portion? Did you write your own code for this action? Did the USB device come with a library?

-Jbrew

Back