Decisions.. decisions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkyhops

Reaction score
Hey all I just wanted to bounce some recipe ideas off you guys... Im trying to find something for my first brew, so its going to be an extract kit...As far as my beer taste goes I like Cream Ales, Pale Ales, I have found a killer Sweet Stout at my local Microbrewery that I really like and my girlfriend will be partaking in the brewing process so some fruity beers as well as Hefe's are in the equation. Heres a list of some recipes that i found at Northern Brewer I would appreciate comments or expiriences you have had with these brews....

Nut Brown Ale
Sweet Stout
Cream Ale
Honey Weizen
Raspberry Wheat
Honey Brown Ale
Dark Cherry Stout

Thanks again for the input.

I haven't made any of those kits- so I can't give you specific advice on them. I think any one of them would be great, though. I'd probably only shy away from the cherry stout. The only (maybe wrong!) reason is I would think with flavoring it might take a little longer to age. That's fine for a second beer, but I know that most of us are very eager when we start, and it seems to be more rewarding to have a "faster" beer the first time. Also, it seems like anything with real honey takes a bit longer, too.

But, we're only talking maybe a matter of a week or two. I don't care for hefeweissens, but I have heard that they are quick to make and taste good young. Otherwise, anything you would like to make would be a good choice!

Back