Decided to make my single tier brew stand...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why valves on both sides of the pumps? My understanding is that valves should only restrict the outflow of the pumps.

I didnt have a SS barrel connector at the time i put them together, but I did have spare ball valves. :) the inflow valves stay wide open. I may get around to changing them up when i am finished. :)

Gotcha. I am building a similar single tier out of channel strut, since I don't have access to welding equipment. What made you choose a plate chiller vs. counter flow? Chiller choice is the last big detail I need to iron out.

I guess just personal choice. The plate chiller is a little more involved in cleaning (i bake it at 425 degrees for 3 hours after every brew and flush both directions) but i like the fact it can cool 10 gallons to 72 degrees in less than 10 minutes. Good time saver for me.

Have you run it with the pots on the burners yet? Just curious if you had any flame issue while lacking any venting underneath. I have my pots on a grate that gives me about 3/8 inch. On a kettle with a skirt on the bottom, not an issue. On my flat bottom MLT, I get a lot of yellow flame.

Todd

Well not too impressed I am going to need you to throw it out and let start over. Just let me know where you dump it!:D Amazing work!!!

Ran the inaugural test this weekend. Other than running low on propane, the brew went amazingly. No issues with yellow of low flames either. I will probably sit the kettles up a quarter inch up or so.
Only thing I need to really work on is the spare arm. It did not perform the way I was hoping.

Hi there, what did you use for the round skirting/mounting the burners. The setup looks great!!!

Latest posts

Back