December 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone from Maine in on this that I could team up with? I really hate paying $70/bag of grain, but I hate driving in/around Boston about as much.

seph,

I'll probably be driving down. I'm in midcoast Maine and should be able to help you out, let me know.

seph,

I'll probably be driving down. I'm in midcoast Maine and should be able to help you out, let me know.

Yeah, TLR if you are planning on going down, I would be forever grateful. I'll have to see what the boss says, but I would like to order four bags if you're willing to bring them up this way too.

I added in my order of:

CM-WHET - .5
CM-2ROW - 2
BZ-MUNH - .25
BZ-PILS - .5
TF-MOPA - .5

The pricing on Split 10 is wrong
I added Split 11 on BZ-PILS, if anyone wants to go in on it (pricing needs to be updated for split 11).

Thanks

Didn't think this was going to be up so quick. Thanks for organizing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Home Brew mobile app

Both of you should be all set to add to the sheet.

I will take a look at the pricing once the buy is closed. I need to get the new sheet from NCM for 2014

Pardon the noob reply, but I'm new to group buys. I'm interested in probably 2 50lb sacks of 2-row. Can someone break down the cost for me? This is pretty close to me, and seems like the best way to buy!

I think that it is about $37 per bag with the shipping. If you send me your Gmail I can add you to the list of folks who are allowed to edit the sheet. Then you can know pretty much exactly. Also the CM-2ROW that we order comes in 55lbs bags.

I'm in Cranston RI if anyone wants to carpool (I have a pickup truck) or if anyone really needs help with picking up an order. I'm picking up 2 bags myself.

Johnston here. Will probably be meeting my buddy in Norton minutes from pick-up point, so car pool not ideal option. :mug: for another Rhode Islander

Hey everyone I just got the new price list from NCM. Looks like everything is going up by about a penny per pound. I updated the link in the OP so if you want to take a look it is there.

Once the buy closes I will be making the changes to the pricing. Also we might be in for an increase to the shipping cost also.

Crazy,

Noticed that on the 2014 price sheet/catalog, one of the things I'd ordered no longer exists.

The Maltoferm 10000 organic, 5 gallon pail, isn't there. BM-5953. They only show it in 55gal qty.

Could you check in with Champlain about that?

Since kaz4121 has offered to haul grain from the drop off location to Union CT, I'll add my offer to move some bags from Union CT to more central CT location like E.Hartford, where I work, or even more south to my home area, Berlin. If that helps anyone out.

Just added the other 1/2 of the BZ-VIEN split. Also added a sack of BZ-PILS to my existing order.

I noticed the Vienna split price seemed high $1.84? I assume that's just an error in the split price??

Thanks!

Too late to hop on? Grain from the last buy is running lower than expected... :drunk: Requested access to the sheet.

Ugh, I need to get my butt in gear....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Looking for one more person to get in on the StarSan split, just need someone to take a quarter (1gallon). The price is pretty amazing.

What would be the price for 1 gallon of starsan? I may be interested

Looks like we are stalled at 100 bags. So tell your brew buddies about the buy.

Also I wanted to thank all the folks who have donated money to Redman67 and I. It makes doing this just that much easier.

How many bags do we need to get to? I can try reminding the people at work

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

It shouldn't be we need 26 more bags of grain to fill the order. Kind of stalled at 100 at this point. I have to me truthful and say i can't guarantee that it will be open tomorrow but I think there is a 95% chance that it will be

Just added a split of BZ-MUNH, in case anyone wants in.

Back