Dead Ringer IPA off flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillbeer

Reaction score
Greetings all. I brewed a Dead Ringer a few weeks back and it has a yeasty taste to it. I have a chest freezer with controller and kept the temperature at 65 degrees the entire time. I transferred to kegs after 4 week then let the kegs sit for another week in my basement. Basement temp is a consistent 68 degrees. I hooked up one keg yesterday and sampled a little bit today. I know the beer needs to carbonate over another week or more but I was surprised by the off flavor. It didn't taste anything banana flavored or fruity.

Any ideas?

The only time I’ve heard of this happening was when yeast was over-pitched. It sat for a long while, 4 weeks, so I am surprised you are getting that flavor. Maybe there was some yeast settled in the bottom of the keg and you pulled a glass from it. Drain a couple of pints and see it it clears up.

Back