De Garde Keeper's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This fall should be exciting.
And shorter lines.
Which is also exciting.
And foeders.
Which are also exciting.
There will also be beer.

That all sounds exciting. I've actually never had a de Garde beer, which is crazy. Since so many people I trust rave about the beers and ardyexfor generously said he would trustee for me, I purchased both memberships. I look forward to coming out there in person ASAP in 2015.

I can't wait to come out to PDX and Tillamook next year. How many release events will there be per year for Keepers members to grab their bottles, if the releases are quarterly does that mean 4 parties?

My FIRST society membership! I am very very happy since the only time I had them was last summer when I was visiting Portland and Apex had a bunch on tap... so, so good. I'm moving up there soon so this is good timing!

Just curious if any current Members/Trustees can tell me how my memberships will be kept track of. I am just wondering if I will get a confirmation of those memberships listing me as Will Call, or will I simply need my I.D.? Or should I have them send me their confirmation emails?

Just curious if any current Members/Trustees can tell me how my memberships will be kept track of. I am just wondering if I will get a confirmation of those memberships listing me as Will Call, or will I simply need my I.D.? Or should I have them send me their confirmation emails?
Well, there weren't really trustees last year since you had to sign up in person. So you just showed up and used your ID and they checked it against a sheet with the memberships. I assume it will be the same this year. You will show up and they will check your ID and say, Phil has 5 wild memberships and 3 Berliner memberships, here you go.

Well, there weren't really trustees last year since you had to sign up in person. So you just showed up and used your ID and they checked it against a sheet with the memberships. I assume it will be the same this year. You will show up and they will check your ID and say, Phil has 5 wild memberships and 3 Berliner memberships, here you go.

How'd you know I had 5 and 3!? ;)

..has anyone opened their Plum Bu from the last pair of Keepers Bottles yet?

Really curious to get some input from others.

..has anyone opened their Plum Bu from the last pair of Keepers Bottles yet?

Really curious to get some input from others.
Opened one May 31st after FWIBF. It was tasty but it had a saliva like consistency. Was ropey similar to some fantomes I've had.

So, sit on it? How does that get fixed?

Time should help it, but how long is the mystery. I have seen this happen with young sours in carboys, but it clears up over time. The only time I have had it happen in bottles was on a non-sour beer...I am guessing my bottle wasn't completely sanitized as it only happened to one bottle at about 3 months old.

So, sit on it? How does that get fixed?

This is usually caused by pediococcus reactivating when sugar or young beer in introduced for bottle conditioning. It's a phase as the sugar moves through the metabolic pathways of the bacteria, and it generally clears up. (Maybe not always if the pedio levels are really high? I'm a little unclear about that, but as far as I know some Fantome bottles never cleaned up when they were really having problems with Pedio.)

I asked Trevor about this last week, and his recommendation on bottlings with reports of ropiness was to give the sealed bottle a bit of a shake in front of a bright light, then watch the bubbles moving through the liquid in the neck of the bottle. There should be a noticeable difference in how fast the bubbles rise in an affected bottle (more slowly). Obviously, you probably want to do this at least a couple hours before you were hoping to open that bottle.

Praying for a Phish fall tour stop in Portland.

Hahahaha...

I wish they'd stop here, but they haven't played a show in Portland since '98. The closest they get to showing the PNW any love is the token Gorge shows every 2 years. :(

Is anyone going this weekend that wouldn't mind picking up a bottle of each Bu for me? I put up an ISO and have heard crickets. Anyone kind enough to do me a favor?

Cheers
Ryan

Hahahaha...

I wish they'd stop here, but they haven't played a show in Portland since '98. The closest they get to showing the PNW any love is the token Gorge shows every 2 years. :(

Big rumor is Portland or Eugene on 10/19 or 20

Don't think they are all sold out since my dad just picked me up 2 each of the blackberry, raspberry, and peach. I think the cherry and boysenberry are sold out though. He did say that he had to wait for them to go get another load of bottles from their production facility though.

Where are you getting this info? Not questioning it, just curious...
somebody i know is up there and he texted me at 4:40 and said they sold out of their bottle allotment for the day. i believe they will have more for sale over the next few days, they just didn't want to sell it all right away.

fwiw, he arrived at 3:30 and said the line was pretty deep, it sold out before he could get any bottles. he also said they had a few 3L available, i didn't get any info about those.

Trevor ran to brewery and grabbed a few more cases so everyone in line got bottles. 3 bottle limit. About a case left of the three new ones at 7:00. So there should be some left for tomorrow, but Sat may be questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back