DC Group Buy #18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super pumped the buy is still open. I would like to purchase:

1x- 1850C avangard malz prem. Pilsen 55lb

Start split:

#15 1866C avangard malz prem. Wheat 55lb

Also:
I bought an automatic canning machine for 12oz cans. It's a pretty bad ass piece of hardware and cans are super sweet to have your brew in! I'll bring a few cans of my stuff to the pickup in feb. Cans are pretty cheap and great for aging, storage and travel. If anyone is interested in having some of their homebrew canned please private message me and we can work something out.

Sam

I'll take some of the wheat and a few other splits. Add to my order:

#20 1866C avangard malz prem. Wheat 55lb
#5 Crisp Brown 25 kg (55 lb)
#5 Weyermann Melanoidin 25 kg (55 lb)

Sam lets see some pics of this canning system! Sounds awesome.

Something weird going on with the speadsheet. My entry shows -$137.40.

Fixed. So what happened was I added in two late buyers and I forgot to move the payments around in the list to match who paid what. Gonna have to rethink how I have that page laid out. Probably will make payments another transaction type...

Got in touch with Three Stars. Hoping the order goes in next week, as they did not want to process it this week and have grain in the way with our buyer not around to deal with it...

Love the mix pack idea as well!

Can you post a pix of the machine?

Thanks for the kind words. "On trend"....I'm definitely using that term from now on.
Here are some pics of the device. (Nothing to fancy but it does the job... VERY WELL) There is an electric motor that I have not installed yet to make it more automated.
I'll have a HTB forum started here in a week or so with the complete line. (Which consists of starsan and a blichmann beer gun!)
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484692065.852004.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484692083.265962.jpg

I'd like:

1x 1852C Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb

15# Split from the Briess Chocolate Malt
10# Split from the Briess Victory

and to start new splits for

15# 3205D Flaked Oats*
10# 3440C Briess DME Pilsen Light 50lb
10# 3200C Flaked Corn 50 lb
10# CRI1063 Crisp Roasted Barley 25 kg (55 lb)
25# BRI1037 Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb
25# CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

Many Thanks!

@klovelace - I do not know if I can get your order in on this go around. If I did, it would only be for the Pale Ale as none of those splits are going to close before the order is processed. You have a couple of choices:

* Wait until the next buy for all
* Wait until the next buy for all but maybe the Pale

I need to know today so I can email the supplier if you want me to attempt to get the Pale on the order.

Cheers!
Tony

Got a strange email from the buyer at 3 Stars the other night...said someone else was buying the grain for us as he is out of town (which I knew), so I sent the other guy an email and he had no idea he was buying for us. SOOOOOO what does that mean, I dunno. I sent him the list to buy and hopefully he will this SUN for next SAT pickup. May mean we do not get everything. Less than happy right now...

Got a strange email from the buyer at 3 Stars the other night...said someone else was buying the grain for us as he is out of town (which I knew), so I sent the other guy an email and he had no idea he was buying for us. SOOOOOO what does that mean, I dunno. I sent him the list to buy and hopefully he will this SUN for next SAT pickup. May mean we do not get everything. Less than happy right now...

Stonebrewer, you must have extraordinary patience! Thanks for all your work and for dealing with all this mess. It can't be fun, but we really appreciate it.

Man this is frustrating. I planned my buy around a heavy February brewing schedule and by the time we get it, two of those brew days will be in the past, maybe more. Hopefully they'll get their act together.

Tony, thanks a lot for dealing with all this. I'll be sure to bring a bunch of treats to the buy to ease the pain. I can't wait to see this website also!

on the assumption that this buy actually happens, it has been brought to my attention by the powers that be (AKA the missus) that i have committed to way too much oats given current timelines. as in, i probably don't need any.

if anyone missed out on oats and would like to take some of mine off my hands (at cost), please let me know. i've got 15 pounds in this buy but don't really need any, anymore.

on the assumption that this buy actually happens, it has been brought to my attention by the powers that be (AKA the missus) that i have committed to way too much oats given current timelines. as in, i probably don't need any.

if anyone missed out on oats and would like to take some of mine off my hands (at cost), please let me know. i've got 15 pounds in this buy but don't really need any, anymore.

I'll take them. I want to use them in a few brews coming up.

heya group buyers - i'm about to post this on the DC Homebrewers FB page, but thought i'd give y'all a little head-start in case there is any interest here:

i'm moving in a few months so i need to empty the brewery of ingredients (grains and hops) and some equipment ASAP. please see the spreadsheet below for available inventory. add your name to the "Claimed by" column and make payment to reserve your picks.
- this stuff has to go ASAP. ideally, please pick up tonight (saturday) after 5:00, or sunday before 3:00. everything must be gone by next weekend.
- i reserve the right to charge less, give you more, and/or give you some homebrew :)
- there is some free stuff for the taking with any purchase, such as buckets, bottles, etc.
- i'm near rockville metro (viers mill & norbeck/1st St.). during the work week i can meet up at Farragut North & White House areas.
THANKS!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DKbsvdBzZSNz6FJ_aLt6UG4QHSd4EciBVB8GwF6mpDk/edit?usp=sharing

Any idea if the buy is on for the 11th?

Yes! I got an email from Mike yesterday and he thinks the order went in and that all grain was in stock. Proof will be later this week when the pallet arrives. I am hoping he emails me then so I know ahead of time. I will send a group email out tonight to remind folks to show up SAT morning.

Remember we need help:

1. Plastic Bags to load your splits into!
  2. A couple of good scales that can do at least 10 pounds
  3. Labels - last time we made do with tape and a sharpee but that blew chunks
  4. Optional - a homebrew or two (don't get carried away!)
  5. 6 to 8 folks to come early and help with splits

I'm getting pulled out of town due to family stuff and won't be able to make the pickup Saturday morning. Is there a kind soul out there that would be able to hang on to my grain for a couple of days in exchange for some beer?

I'm getting pulled out of town due to family stuff and won't be able to make the pickup Saturday morning. Is there a kind soul out there that would be able to hang on to my grain for a couple of days in exchange for some beer?

I'd be happy to, but I'm in Silver Spring. If nobody closer volunteers let me know.

Back