DC Group Buy #18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All updates have been added. Thanks again for checking your orders to correct any mistakes I may have made!!

#'s Splits Available
15 Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb
30 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
20 Briess Victory 50 lb
40 Crisp Brown 25 kg (55 lb)
20 PBW 50 lb
45 Weyermann Melanoidin 25 kg (55 lb)

If it's not too late, I'll take the following splits:

- 15lb Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L
- 5lb Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
- 10lb PBW 50 lb

Whatever closes is OK. If they don't, I'll wait until next time!

Hello! I'd like to put in an order for

1x - CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter

1x - RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row

Thanks!

Orders updated/added.

I have contacted Three Stars to see if they can support this on the 21st or 28th. I will not be able to be at the buy if it is the 28th, so I will have to work this out with some of the old timers to make sure it goes smoothly.

I think the Victory and PBW could close, if we get a push on them today. Maybe the chocolate, but less likely and probably not going to happen for Brown and Melanoidin. I will update tonight about 8PM and remove splits that did not close so you know what you owe for people on the below splits.

#'s Splits Available
25 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
20 Briess Victory 50 lb
10 PBW 50 lb
45 Weyermann Melanoidin 25 kg (55 lb)

I have not heard back from Three Stars...stay tuned. I will update the sheet tomorrow....sorry I did not get to it tonight, but some things came up and I had to attend to them.

Sheets updated with what you owe with the incomplete splits removed. I will have to refund several of you but will wait to see if any more splits close in the next week or so before doing so to limit the PayPal thrashing. I closed the PBW split even though I do not want/need any, so if anyone wants PBW I have up to 10 pounds up for grabs. Everyone please go ahead and pay.

#'s Splits Available
25 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
20 Briess Victory 50 lb
55 Weyermann Melanoidin 25 kg (55 lb)

This buy may be delayed a few weeks! I have been having problems getting ahold of our Three Star rep. If I cannot get him the order today, I cannot make the pickup date. The pickup would have to wait until 11 FEB. Also there are 4 people who have not paid, which would also prevent the order from going through. And the cherry on the cake is I am locked out of PayPal right now and need to call them to get that fixed. Argh!

I got into PayPal...they have some stupid security check that I had to deal with. Got all funds except for one buyer. Still have not heard from our 3 Star friends...

Group Buy restart! So we missed the deadline and I do not know when this buy will close. Your choice if you want a refund or to stick. I finally got in touch with Three Stars and there was no way to get an order in this week. We have these choices currently:

* Do a one week turnaround and pickup on 21 JAN. Will mean some people may not get grain on this buy, some splits may not happen, and I do more work refunding people.

* Wait until both Three Stars and I can come to an agreement on another date. Reopen the buy until then. Tentative dates now are 11 FEB or 18 FEB, still waiting for response. This means people wait longer, but we likely get all the grain, not a lot of extra work for me.

I am okay either way and leaning toward the first one as I know some of you need grain to brew...please sound off and I will make a decision by FRI.

I'm not in a rush to get grain right now but moving the date may affect my ability to help with splits. I'll make it if I can.

You guys ARE THE BEST!

I emailed Three Stars and asked for an 11 FEB pickup and emailed him the list. Will let you know when he replies back. Splits and the order is still open, so if you need something else, post it and I will update the order. Cheers all!!

T

In a way it takes the stress off.

As it stands I will be increasing the mass of grain in my house from 139lbs to double that.. 284 lbs.

How the F can I have 284 lbs of grain???

So if I can brew a couple a couple of times before delivery it would seem slightly less pathetic.

slightly

In a way it takes the stress off.

As it stands I will be increasing the mass of grain in my house from 139lbs to double that.. 284 lbs.

How the F can I have 284 lbs of grain???

So if I can brew a couple a couple of times before delivery it would seem slightly less pathetic.

slightly

Jack,

I am weeeeeeellllll north of 500 pounds. Don't feel bad!

T

I'm super pumped the buy is still open. I would like to purchase:

1x- 1850C avangard malz prem. Pilsen 55lb

Start split:

#15 1866C avangard malz prem. Wheat 55lb

Also:
I bought an automatic canning machine for 12oz cans. It's a pretty bad ass piece of hardware and cans are super sweet to have your brew in! I'll bring a few cans of my stuff to the pickup in feb. Cans are pretty cheap and great for aging, storage and travel. If anyone is interested in having some of their homebrew canned please private message me and we can work something out.

Sam

Back