DC Area Group Buy #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me down for

10# of the c40
10# of the biscuit
10# of the 120L

I'll take
5# of Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L 50 lb BRI1035

Thanks!

Put me down for

10# of the c40
10# of the biscuit
10# of the 120L

Added.

I'll take
5# of Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L 50 lb BRI1035

Thanks!

Also added.

Thanks guys, I hope we can stir up some more interest in these splits and close them out by Sunday night.

Current open splits:
Due to stonebrewer being out of town, we get 2 more days. These now need to fill by Sunday Midnight (8/24) [Updated]:

The old splits:
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L .......... 15#
  • Crisp Brown ................................ 25#
  • Crisp Pale Chocolate .................... 20#

Mike's new splits:
  • Weyermann Rye Malt .................... 30#
  • Château Biscuit ............................ 30#
  • Briess C40 ................................... 25#

Please look and see if you can take some of these or perhaps a little more if you already did. Many shares (>16) depend on these being filled.

Anyone want to buy phosphoric acid (85%, food grade)?

I'm putting an order in with Duda Diesel.
I can get a gallon shipped for about the same as a quart.

$6 a pint including plastic bottle (1 qt).

Let me know ASAP.

Anyone want to buy phosphoric acid (85%, food grade)?

I'm putting an order in with Duda Diesel.
I can get a gallon shipped for about the same as a quart.

$6 a pint including plastic bottle (1 qt).

Let me know ASAP.

Frits: I'll take a pint. How do you want me to pay you? Add it to my splits payment? Stefin is picking up my stuff on the 6th. Thx, Ed

please put me down for 10# of the rye split from reddskinnfan

At 1:32pm I received the following email from climateboy:

Can you please put me down for:

• 1 bag of Rahr red wheat malt
and
  • I will finish the split of Pale Chocolate (I'll take 20lb or whatever remains).

James

---------

I've added 1 sack of Red Wheat Malt to climateboy's account and he also gets the last 20# of the Pale Chocolate, closing that one out.

Current open splits:
Due to stonebrewer being out of town, we get 2 more days. These now need to fill by Sunday Midnight (8/24) [Updated]:

This won't work! We need to be closed by tomorrow, SATURDAY night! I have to get the order in Sunday morning...please re-vector folks accordingly!

I have exactly three payments in to me as of Friday at 5:45PM. Need everyone to pay by midnight Saturday or I have to take you off the buy OR delay the buy at least a week.

Frits & Tony: Just paid both of you. Thanks again for all of the hard work on both of your parts in coordinating the buy! Cheers, Ed

Tony,

You should have my payment. I'm going to wait for further instruction from Fritz; 2 of the splits I'm on are still open.

I can totally help with a split or two, IF someone can pick up my grain (preferably someone close-by or in Baltimore), as I can't make the Sept 6 pickup. Any generous brewers willing to help a brother out? If not, I totally understand.

Bags paid for, is split list up to date so I can pay that as well? I will have someone picking my stuff up for me, what info should I give him?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Paid in full! Please let me know immediately if you notice an error. Otherwise, see you Sept 6th!

Oh, my office smells like hops! Drying Columbus in the dehydrator...makes me thirsty!

Just sent my payment for full sacks. I'm in 3 splits that are still open so i will send money to Fritz once we settle those.

Frits, just paid you for my splits. i didn't get any full bags this time 'round... so Tony, you get nothing :)

i would like to start three splits for the next round:

CRI1036 Crisp Crystal 60L 25 kg (55 lb) - i will take 10 lbs
CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb) - i will take 25 lbs
SIM1071 Simpsons Golden Naked Oats 25 kg (55 lb) - i will take 10 lbs

Oh, my office smells like hops! Drying Columbus in the dehydrator...makes me thirsty!

somewhat off-topic: it will certainly work, but a dehydrator isn't the ideal method for drying hops - most of them get too hot and you lose volatile oils in that heat. that amazing hop smell that you have in your office is aroma you won't have in your beer. you don't need heat at all for drying hops. moving air will do the job on its own.

I'm marking everyone who has paid me for splits as received mm/dd on the splits sheet. They show as green bars in the Buyers' Dues. Anything shaded in red I have not received.

We still have 5 splits open. Anyone who wants some, aside from shoshin, let us know here ASAP. We're closing tomorrow eve. Any open splits will be cancelled at that point, sorry.

Current open splits:

The old splits:
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L .......... 10#

Mike's new splits:
  • Weyermann Rye Malt .................... 20#

Please look and see if you can take some of these or perhaps a little more if you already did. Many shares (>16) depend on these being filled.

Tony & Frits,

I have sent payment in full to both of you for sacks and splits.

Thanks again for your time and effort. You guys are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm marking everyone who has paid me for splits as received mm/dd on the splits sheet. They show as green bars in the Buyers' Dues. Anything shaded in red I have not received.

We still have 5 splits open. Anyone who wants some, aside from shoshin, let us know here ASAP. We're closing tomorrow eve. Any open splits will be cancelled at that point, sorry.

Current open splits:

The old splits:
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L .......... 10#

Mike's new splits:
  • Weyermann Rye Malt .................... 20#

If the 3 that I opened don't go this time around, please add them to the next buy, which me taking the same quantities.

Everyone who hasn't paid, check your email.

I've sent 3 notices out since yesterday, regarding when, how, and who to pay for what.

Tony/Fritz,

Please put me down for the following:

-Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
-Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb
-Rahr Premium Pilsner 50 lb

Thanks.

I will be online tomorrow to see how the open splits go. I'll be home all day since the rain has cancelled my plans of going out. Looks like my brew day just got a bumped up to tomorrow.

I've sent TigerShark part of this, but here is my order:

Full sacks:

Rahr red wheat malt

Splits:

• Pale Chocolate (I will take 20lbs or whatever is left, max 20lb)
  • Crisp Brown (20lb)
  • Rye Malt (10lb)

Thanks. Please let me know what I owe.

CB

somewhat off-topic: it will certainly work, but a dehydrator isn't the ideal method for drying hops - most of them get too hot and you lose volatile oils in that heat. that amazing hop smell that you have in your office is aroma you won't have in your beer. you don't need heat at all for drying hops. moving air will do the job on its own.

Good point, but according to my research, others had success running at 95F. I am no expert by any means, this is my first year using the dehydrator...any advice is welcome!

Paid for my splits:

emyers $11.21
sweetcell $10.06
captainal $5.58

You pay IslandLizard for ALL splits - not the originator. This has changed since the last buy.

That's right. The first post in this thread spells it out, so does the email I sent to everyone 2 days ago, and yesterday.

To those 3 who received these payments, you can either forward them to me or return to AfternoonNap.

I've sent TigerShark part of this, but here is my order:

Full sacks:

Rahr red wheat malt

Splits:

• Pale Chocolate (I will take 20lbs or whatever is left, max 20lb)
  • Crisp Brown (20lb)
  • Rye Malt (10lb)

Thanks. Please let me know what I owe.

CB

Added. Thank you for taking some of those splits. :rockin:

Amounts due are on the Google spreadsheet.
Payments for whole sacks go to Tony. Your split TOTAL gets paid to me.
See corresponding emails I sent out, to your email on file, the last 2 days (from "Tigershark"). Check your spam box.

==> Who takes the last 5# of Crisp Brown Malt? Or the last 10# of Rye or Caramel 120? Must be doable. Someone needs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back