DC Area Group Buy #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current open splits:

The "old" splits:
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L .......... 10#
  • Crisp Brown ................................. 5#

Mike's new splits:
  • Weyermann Rye Malt .................... 10#
  • Château Biscuit ............................ 30#
  • Briess C40 ................................... 25#

Please look and see if you can take some of these or perhaps a little more if you already did. Many shares (15 currently) depend on these being filled.

At work for yearly datacenter shutdown. Will be paying tonight. Question, though. Should i pay Frits my total for splits or should i pay who opened it and they pay Frits?

At work for yearly datacenter shutdown. Will be paying tonight. Question, though. Should i pay Frits my total for splits or should i pay who opened it and they pay Frits?

ALL splits - pay Fritz/IslandLizard
All whole sacks - pay Tony/stonebrewer

Sorry, saw Afternoon's post and not the rest, so I was confused. :drunk:

-Mike

Please Read:

Thanks to everyone that has paid up in full so far!! You do not have to email or post UNLESS you are really paranoid about paying. Instead, regularly check the spreadsheet and I will update it with your payment info...it should be easy to see that we received your payment and will order your grain.

Thanks to everyone who puts their HBT userid in the paypal text!!!!!! This really helps as we have literally hundreds of folks who buy on these group buys and I simply cannot keep track of that many nickname to real name matches. Everyone who forgot, please try to remember next time. Thanks!!

We have two people who have not paid yet...not bad for midday on the last day. Thanks again for your attention to this. Makes a hard job for Frits and I a LOT easier!!

I see more orders rolling in as well. That's fine, but we have to cut it all off at midnight and payment has to be received by then as well. Order goes in tomorrow morning and we pick up on the 6th of September. As always, if you cannot pick up, find someone who can: a fellow HBT group buyer, a friend, a neighbor, a spouse, whoever. THEN make sure Frits and I know who is pickup up your grain!!

As always, we need help with splits so coordinate with Frits on that. AND please bring bags, buckets, etc. for your grain and to share with the folks who forget. You can donate extra bags to Frits if you have them.

Sending payments for whole sacks and splits now. I'll take the last 5# of the brown malt so we can order it too. I'll add that to my split payment on the spreadsheet and send it over now.

I'm all paid up with hopes someone will snag up the 10# of 120L and 10# of rye splits. The brown is now closed thanks to ovenfreshbread.

Payments sent! Apologies for the delay... Would take some of the splits but my inventory says I'm stocked up. Was eyeing for the rye but got 9 lbs left with no clue how to use those in addition to the 10 that are left.

Payments sent! Apologies for the delay... Would take some of the splits but my inventory says I'm stocked up. Was eyeing for the rye but got 9 lbs left with no clue how to use those in addition to the 10 that are left.

Brew a Roggenbier! That's my plan if the split gets closed.

Down to ONE! Calling on German_HB_Baltimore to send payment and I can wrap this up for yet another buy...assuming Frits pays me for the splits...bahahaha!

Oi, I'll take the last 5# of the brown malt, and the last 10# of the rye! Fritz said he'll pick up for me. many thanks, Fritz!! I'll see you at CRABS ... On the road, Will pay shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ah just saw oven fresh snagged the brown ... Instead I'll take he last 10# of C120

Hmm only a few more hours.

Looks like the biscuit and the c40 split is still open that im on. Going to send Frits the money now since those seems like they arent gonna get closed.

Heading home from work. As soon as I can get to the sheets to see what I owe, payments will be on their way.

Frits,

Can you send me a total? I can't seem to get to the Google Spreadsheet for some reason (might be because of tinkering with my machine for work).

Sending payments for whole sacks and splits now. I'll take the last 5# of the brown malt so we can order it too. I'll add that to my split payment on the spreadsheet and send it over now.

Added.

Oi, I'll take the last 5# of the brown malt, and the last 10# of the rye! Fritz said he'll pick up for me. many thanks, Fritz!! I'll see you at CRABS ... On the road, Will pay shortly

Ah just saw oven fresh snagged the brown ... Instead I'll take he last 10# of C120

Sorry about the brown. I have some in stock, if you really want it.
10# of C120 and
10# of Rye added.

Frits,

Can you send me a total? I can't seem to get to the Google Spreadsheet for some reason (might be because of tinkering with my machine for work).

Reddskinnfan if I am reading correctly says you owe Frits $96.49

I've "canceled" the last 2 splits (19 and 20) on the list since they're not filled.
Redd, your splits total is $68.04.

All other splits have been filled, so those few who have been holding off, time has come to pay your total, as listed on row 57 and below.

Can someone pick up for me? I have an event on the 6th that I can't miss.

Sorry, but hopefully someone can hook a brotha up!

OK we have one slight issue to deal with this morning. We have not heard back from one brewer and he started a split, Weyermann Pale Wheat of which he took 25#. So if I do not hear back by 11AM I either need someone else to take up that 25# or I have to cancel that split. Currently this is a backup plan, so if he sends funds by 11AM we can just go with the status quo.

OK we have one slight issue to deal with this morning. We have not heard back from one brewer and he started a split, Weyermann Pale Wheat of which he took 25#. So if I do not hear back by 11AM I either need someone else to take up that 25# or I have to cancel that split. Currently this is a backup plan, so if he sends funds by 11AM we can just go with the status quo.

If he falls through, in addition to the 25# of Pale Wheat there will be:
5# of CaraAroma and
5# of Rice Hulls up for grabs.

Heads-up:
Next buy we are going to change the way we wrap up splits, so this won't happen again.
We'll close the splits and collect payment a few days to a week before the order goes in. Details will be added to our initial thread post.

I don't currently have anything else in the order but have participated before and I will take the 25# pale wheat if it would be good for making a Berliner Wiess or Gose in the style of Westbrook. I guess rice hulls as well but no need for the CaraAroma.

Edit: I can PayPal immediately if you PM me the total. Thanks.

Mark: if you can get the payment to Frits ASAP I can process the order. I will take the CaraAroma so no one else gets affected. Thanks!

I don't currently have anything else in the order but have participated before and I will take the 25# pale wheat if it would be good for making a Berliner Wiess or Gose in the style of Westbrook. I guess rice hulls as well but no need for the CaraAroma.

Edit: I can PayPal immediately if you PM me the total. Thanks.

Mark: if you can get the payment to Frits ASAP I can process the order. I will take the CaraAroma so no one else gets affected. Thanks!

Mark your total is $28.56

Thank you for saving the day!

Great job thanks guys Tony if you don't want the extra 5 lbs of Cara Aroma I can take it, planing to make a couple stouts anyway. Good either way just didn't want you to be obligated to take grain you didn't plan on needing.

OK looks like we are DONE! 52 sacks have been placed on order. Frits, check my math!! Cheers all!

Special thanks to Tony and Fritz!!!! They take payments (for coordinating this effort) in homebrew, hops and gadgets).

Also, big thanks to everyone for wrapping this one up on the quick.

You all are what make homebrewing such a great hobby!

Special thanks to Tony and Fritz!!!! They take payments (for coordinating this effort) in homebrew, hops and gadgets).

Also, big thanks to everyone for wrapping this one up on the quick.

You all are what make homebrewing such a great hobby!

So you want me to get your stuff or has anyone else offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back