DC Area Group Buy #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 5-6 cases at The Meridian Pint in DC for free. They tweeted it some time ago. Just bring bags and ask at the bar. They had both corkable and the caps ones. All the bottles needed was a good wash. They have a great selection of beers as well.

Do know if there's a specific date that Meridian lets you pick up bottles, or is it any time they're not too busy? I have been trying to work out a pick up of empty champagne bottles from some of the all-you-can-drink mimosa brunch places in DC, but bombers would be almost as good.

I don't think there's a set date/time. I would think they are not too busy Monday, Tuesday right when they open for business.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

OR you can pick them up at 3 stars when you pick up your grains...keeping them happy means this deal will be around a long time, just sayin'. And now that they are okay with us starting later so we end right before growler hours means we can also take home some of their product...Looking forward to that!

Good point. It's a little bit of a haul for me (45 minutes) so it's not too practical for me to pick up the extra pound or so of grain for every single batch unless I'm going down there for some other reason, but I'm happy to make the extra purchases at 3 stars that I can forsee at the time of the grain pickup, especially since they are providing us this service.

All,
Just an update, I'm hoping to be able to place the order by March 12, so please count up your needs and send them in! I know that even with my inconsistent brew schedule, I'll go through 120 of these pretty quickly and won't have to worry about getting over a dollar's worth of bottle returned from my friends and co-workers.

Thanks.. and Brew on!! :ban:

-Sam

All,
I'm planning a 22oz bomber buy in bulk. Each pallet comes with 1260 bottles in cardboard cases. Bottles are .60 each after S&H. I've got some teammates from GRIST in and wanted to expand the pool.

Please respond to this or PM me with interest. I'd like a commitment for a minimum 4 case buy.

Thanks..

Brew On!!

:mug:

All,
Just an update, I'm hoping to be able to place the order by March 12, so please count up your needs and send them in! I know that even with my inconsistent brew schedule, I'll go through 120 of these pretty quickly and won't have to worry about getting over a dollar's worth of bottle returned from my friends and co-workers.

-Sam

That's why you should stick on a label "Rinse and Return to Brewer if you want more" or something like that.

But seriously, you're right. I even had a (small) motel going through their trash to return my empty bombers room service has collected overzealously.

Please put me down for one sack of each:

CRI1002 - Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
RAH1002 - Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
RAH1004 - Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb
WEY1076 - Weyermann® Floor Malted Bohemian Wheat 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

Thanks!

Please put me down for one sack of each:

CRI1002 - Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
RAH1002 - Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
RAH1004 - Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb
WEY1076 - Weyermann® Floor Malted Bohemian Wheat 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

Thanks!

OK, your order is now on the list. Thanks!

All: There are a little over 2 weeks left in this buy and there are a lot of splits available. I think we only have a little over a dozen sacks on the order so we either need to close splits, add more full solo sacks, or I am going to move the buy to the right as I don't want to put the work in for 14 sacks of grain...no panic, just putting this out there for people to gnaw on. Winter is usually a heavy brewing time...strange that there are not more people buying sacks of grain.

I think I will have to back out of this as I am going to be out of town on the pickup day. Sorry guys and thanks for putting this together.

I'd love to buy more grains but I don't think I'll brew enough. How many more sacks would be required to make it worth everyone's while?

I don't have a number in mind. These thing usually figure themselves out. I'll brew this weekend and then suddenly need a sack or two, just like everyone else. Nothing to worry or over analyze. If we end up with only 10 sacks, we may still do the order as the only splits that are done right now are two sacks of golden promise, split 50/50. If it was 10 sacks and 8 of them were multiple 5 and 10 pound splits, then we might go another month...all depends I guess.

Ok im kinda in on the end of this can you get 2row and put me down for 4 cases of 22

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

1 wheat
2 pils

and I cant pick up on the 22nd, so i vote wait a month :) (unless Tony wants to grab mine)

Ok im kinda in on the end of this can you get 2row and put me down for 4 cases of 22

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks for jesting around but can you guys be a little more specific with the exact malt type and maltster?
There are 6 pilsner malts, 6 wheats and 2 brands of 2-row available. :drunk:

To avoid any confusion please list the SKU number along with the type (copy & paste). To order, for example, claphamsa's new favorite malt:
1x Weyermann Oak Smoked Wheat WEY1074

FYI on bottles:
All bottle orders need to be sent directly to SamGruvr, with your email address.

All: PLEASE read the first page before posting, ordering, emailing, etc. Make it easier on everyone and understand how things are done before you post.

Stefin: I can pick up your grain for you, no problem.

Cheers all!

Hi All, sorry to be naive, but if a given split isn't completely accounted for by the time we make the purchase, is the remaining amount taken by the original buyer, or do we not order the split, or does it depend on what the original buyer wants to do? I didn't see this explicitly mentioned in the OP

Hi All, sorry to be naive, but if a given split isn't completely accounted for by the time we make the purchase, is the remaining amount taken by the original buyer, or do we not order the split, or does it depend on what the original buyer wants to do? I didn't see this explicitly mentioned in the OP

It's a valid question.
Sacks with unclaimed amounts will not be ordered. If there are only a few pounds left on a split someone will usually pick up the slack to ensure it gets ordered.

It is up to all the group buyers, including the ones who proposed or originated the splits, to fill them. The splits can be transferred as is to the next buy, re-appropriated or cancelled. The split participants should decide it's fate.

For example, someone may not want to wait any longer or not have the need anymore, and drop out of splits. This can happen at any time, not just at time of ordering.

Thanks for adding me stonebrewer.

I want the following:

1 x CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)

Partials (added to existing splits):

10# Crisp Pale Chocolate CRI1061
10# Weyermann® Vienna WEY1016
10# Crisp Roasted Barley CRI1063

Thanks for adding me stonebrewer.

I want the following:

1 x CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)

Partials (added to existing splits):

10# Crisp Pale Chocolate CRI1061
10# Weyermann® Vienna WEY1016
10# Crisp Roasted Barley CRI1063

So added. Thank you!

Frits,

Add another 5# of each malt for each of the splits that I am currently on, including the Torrified Wheat that Funnycreature opened.

-Mike

Done! Thanks Mike, we're moving closer.

Welcome, stuppy. Good to have another CRABS guy among us loonies.

Frits, add 15 lb Crisp Brown 25 kg (55 lb) CRI1051 to my tab.

Thanks Rob. Added to your account.
Welcome aboard stuppy! I didn't connect your nym.

We're making some headway now.
9 days to go and we still have 220 lbs of splits to be filled in various amount:
If anyone wants some of these (5 pounds minimum), here's your chance:
  • Weyermann CaraAroma
  • Crisp Pale Chocolate
  • Crisp Roasted Barley
  • Briess 2-Row Carapils
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L
  • Briess Extra Special
  • Muntons Torrified Wheat
  • Muntons Dark Crystal
  • Crisp Brown
  • Weyermann Vienna

All,

-Sam

Sent from my Home Brew

I'll update my shopping list as well:
  • add 5 lbs of Briess Extra Special
  • finish the 10 lbs of Pale Chocolate
  • finish the 10 lbs Vienna
  • add 5 lbs of Brown malt
  • Thank you!

Here's to more brewing!
:mug::tank:

Hi All,

I'd like to also take that last 10lbs of Torrified wheat from the split that funnycreature started.

Greetings,

I'd like to add the following to my existing order:

2x (2 more, so 3 total) Rahr 2-row (RAH1002)
1x Crisp Finest Maris Otter (CRI1001)
1x Chateau Pilsen 2-row (CAS1002)

THANKS!!!

I'll update my shopping list as well:
  • add 5 lbs of Briess Extra Special
  • finish the 10 lbs of Pale Chocolate
  • finish the 10 lbs Vienna
  • add 5 lbs of Brown malt
  • Thank you!

Here's to more brewing!
:mug::tank:

Added. Thanks for closing those 2 out.

Hi All,

I'd like to also take that last 10lbs of Torrified wheat from the split that funnycreature started.

Added, another one closed.

Greetings,

I'd like to add the following to my existing order:

2x (2 more, so 3 total) Rahr 2-row (RAH1002)
1x Crisp Finest Maris Otter (CRI1001)
1x Chateau Pilsen 2-row (CAS1002)

THANKS!!!

Added. Thank you!

22 full sacks ready for order.
7 splits still open with 180 pounds to go.

Done! Thanks Mike, we're moving closer.

Thanks Rob. Added to your account.
Welcome aboard stuppy! I didn't connect your nym.

We're making some headway now.
9 days to go and we still have 220 lbs of splits to be filled in various amount:
If anyone wants some of these (5 pounds minimum), here's your chance:
  • Weyermann CaraAroma
  • Crisp Pale Chocolate
  • Crisp Roasted Barley
  • Briess 2-Row Carapils
  • Briess 2-Row Caramel 120L
  • Briess Extra Special
  • Muntons Torrified Wheat
  • Muntons Dark Crystal
  • Crisp Brown
  • Weyermann Vienna

Come one, come all. Let's close these out so we can call this one DONE!

I know there are a few of you out there just dying to try some of these malts. If you haven't tried them and are looking for suggested styles or even commercial beers that use them, let the Group know. We will help!

Back