DC Area Group Buy #14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and girls, just thought I would share..

I can get 5G used Whiskey and/or Bourbon barrels for $100/each (about 10 of them).

I also can get a single, used, 10G Rum barrel for $120.

Figured I would pass this along to you guys before posting in the For Sale forum.

In April I will have access to about 10 x 10G one-time-use Bourbon barrels for $150/each.

If anyone is interested, PM for payment details and I will bring it for the buy.

Right now the plan is for xcdarrel to pick up for me. I will let you all know if that changes.

Hey guys and girls, just thought I would share..

I can get 5G used Whiskey and/or Bourbon barrels for $100/each (about 10 of them).

I also can get a single, used, 10G Rum barrel for $120.

Figured I would pass this along to you guys before posting in the For Sale forum.

In April I will have access to about 10 x 10G one-time-use Bourbon barrels for $150/each.

If anyone is interested, PM for payment details and I will bring it for the buy.

I would be interested in one

Labels have been created for this weekend's splits. It'll be good to see all the 'old' crew and to meet the new guys/gals.

-Mike

ok I will be picking up my own grain and barrel if anyone in southern Maryland needs pick up let me know

IMPORTANT:

Looks like the Pale Pearl is a no show and has been "discontinued", whatever that means. It comes off the order sheet and refunds go out tonight or tomorrow (waiting on clarification from 3 Stars as he said 2 sacks and we only ordered one...). I believe everything else came in...woot!

Dang it... that sucks. It was one of my only splits.

Oh well, I will be there with a few buckets, my scale, the hops that people bought and a couple barrels for those who purchased them.

see everyone 1015ish in the AM
not me, unfortunately... just got back from vacation in central america, too much going on to make it out this morning. (tony, can you pick up for me? see the email i just sent you)

dangit- for once, you're going to be there claphamsa. been a while since we last met at a grain buy. i guess we're keeping the tradition alive of attending offsetting buys :mug:

hope everything goes smoothly this morning, as always... i'm bummed to miss this one. cheers to all!

Bringing my 6 yr old. Since I don't have much in the way of splits, as soon as things wrap up with split distro, I'm gonna hit the road so we can go to the Y, then the pet store for some new S.A. cichlids.

Bummed about some of the grain not showing, but happy to have caught up with everyone.

Tony, thanks again for putting this together for us all!

Thank you Mike for handling the splits! Can't do this without your help, bro!!

Sorry about the late miss on the Aromatic. I have refunded all seven folks affected by the Pale Pearl and Aromatic no shows. Please check your PayPal and ensure you were refunded correctly, because I did have a beer or two this morning...:D;)

Speaking of which, thanks to all who brought goodies to share! Lots of fine brews this morning! Enjoyed meeting the new folks and seeing the "regulars" again!!

Thank you Tony and Mike for all the hard work!! I really appreciate the time you guys put in to make the buy so smooth. Cheers to all the other folks I met today, some really nice beers were consumed. Brew on!

-Dave

Thank you Mike for handling the splits! Can't do this without your help, bro!!

Sorry about the late miss on the Aromatic. I have refunded all seven folks affected by the Pale Pearl and Aromatic no shows. Please check your PayPal and ensure you were refunded correctly, because I did have a beer or two this morning...:D;)

Speaking of which, thanks to all who brought goodies to share! Lots of fine brews this morning! Enjoyed meeting the new folks and seeing the "regulars" again!!

My pleasure! The group makes the time worth it.

Glad to see the 'old' and 'new' faces.

I really enjoyed meeting the group and sampling the great beers. Thanks Tony and Mike for putting it all together! I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug: thanks for the beers...really good stuff! Not sure who brewed what, other than you, but I had several really tasty brews today! Someone did an assortment of beers, ginger beer, ipa-etc...all were good! Christoph had a great Pils, someone had a few cranberry beverages that were nice, there was an APA I really liked, a chocolate stout that was good, etc...haven't had a bad homebrew from this group yet, and believe me I have had some bad ones over the last 10 years! Just goes to show the quality of the folks that participate in this buy!! Cheers all and Happy New Year!

T

Thank you Tony and Mike for organizing! Great to meet everyone and looking forward to the next group buy, which I will remember to bring some of my beers!

Ladies and gents...

Looks like I might have a few more barrels to part with. Right now I have 2 x 5G and 3 x 10G. Price is $100 for 5G and $150 for 10G.

I might have a few more, as well, once I hear back from folks who chose shipping (as shipping costs were a little more than I, or they, expected).

-Mike

Back