David Sakolsky of Deciduous Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not. The location is pretty well set at this point barring any massive unforseen issue. I like this little town, and my apt is a stones throw from the brewery.

We actually tried to get one going, but couldn't work it out schedule wise this year.
I'm actually kind of worried that it's too close to Perennial in all honesty, we may do a DBA, but the LLC was formed as Deciduous Brewing Co. But now I'm just thinking aloud...

We actually tried to get one going, but couldn't work it out schedule wise this year.
I'm actually kind of worried that it's too close to Perennial in all honesty, we may do a DBA, but the LLC was formed as Deciduous Brewing Co. But now I'm just thinking aloud...

too close to Perennial? That's kind of a stretch IMO. I think you're good.

Isn't it the opposite of Perennial? Similar name conceptually I guess, but completely different meaning, especially as it relates to beer and seasonality. It's a better name for beer than Perennial I think.

0859_d453.gif

question for you:

what packaging formats have you settled on? Or is that still up in the air?

Beer styles as you grow? I would assume some pale types to get going but long term what beers do you plan to make? Say Bretted Saisons please

Going to run the gamut as usual. Mostly americanized styles with lots of English and German influences and ingredients.
Its all about reaction. I know roughly what I want to do in a perfect world, but customers, sales, etc will dictate a lot of the lineup from month to month. However I will say there will be 2-3 flagships because I like a small semblance of familiarity. One flagship is being debated in re: to packaging the other two will most likely be draft only.

Not sure if I answered or dodged your question, but in the name of closure...
Expect a few Brett fermd saisons as long as they pass QC. The old "...Farmboy's Wages" monoculture sacchro saison never should have been released (how I pleaded) and I'm still not happy with my straight saccrho saisons. My alliteration is strong though...

Alrighty, we've got some glass going in along the outside, walls are up, roof is on, tasting room floor is polished up... progression! Tanks should be here January, very early on. STILL finalizing branding, and should have more definitive oak news by the end of the month. TTB paperwork is in progress. Hell, I think that may be it for now. Feels like a while since I last updated you guys though.
Standing from just in front of the floor drains facing the front entry and tasting room for this shot:
10636166_10203093715168597_249861066808230444_n.jpg

Our humble tasting room will occupy the 600sqft teal area:
1012865_10203093715568607_6339368935033027051_n.jpg

That's cool. Tasting room being in the middle of everything reminds me of Stoneface's a little bit. Windows looking in on 3 sides?

We only are renting the middle third so the tasting room will butt right against our wall to Panzanella's pizza. Only windows on the two parallel sides of the tasting room. Looking outside, and then looking out from the tasting room to the barrel area. Debating a small pellet stove/fireplace as well.

If I recall, at Stoneface Pete has 2-3x the sqftage we do.

Sitting here heavily medicated waiting for word on my root canal, and I figured I'd give a little update.

-Tanks start coming in end of the month, brewhouse arrives by the 10th of Jan
-a number of hop samples and fruit samples came yesterday
-Drywall starts around the 19th of Dec
-Electricians and Plumbers coming in asap, have a meeting this week

Sitting here heavily medicated waiting for word on my root canal, and I figured I'd give a little update.

-Tanks start coming in end of the month, brewhouse arrives by the 10th of Jan
-a number of hop samples and fruit samples came yesterday
-Drywall starts around the 19th of Dec
-Electricians and Plumbers coming in asap, have a meeting this week

Can't wait to taste dem waelz!

Sounds like things will be up and running within the next couple months? Beer roughly the beginning of April?
That's teh plan, here's hoping! The big question mark right now, it seems, is the government. But fingers crossed they move fast and end of q1 (april/may) should be doable.

Edit, oh and looks like I forgot to cross post when it happened; but we have front doors now too!
10557452_10203291648716812_654789009668493207_n.jpg

And then the next day we got a little storm...
10563001_10203307196185489_8288947398917805879_n.jpg

Front siding is up, keys in hand, forklift landing monday, fermenters land tuesday, and then weve got about a month to get our finish work done before the brewhouse arrives.
Just about everything is on a slight delay sadly but not by much.
Ive also got a single hop test batch on tap at the appartment, so im getting slightly less rusty before asking for money for beer ;)

Hope the holidays/vacation treated everyone well!

10446299_10203496017505904_2945231040221696226_o.jpg

Front siding is up, keys in hand, forklift landing monday, fermenters land tuesday, and then weve got about a month to get our finish work done before the brewhouse arrives.
Just about everything is on a slight delay sadly but not by much.
Ive also got a single hop test batch on tap at the appartment, so im getting slightly less rusty before asking for money for beer ;)

Hope the holidays/vacation treated everyone well!

10446299_10203496017505904_2945231040221696226_o.jpg

Wooooooooooooo

I wish. God how I wish. February the brewhouse lands. Still looking at April/May at the earliest most likely. Most of the current time frame is Government dependent more so than anything else. I'll be brewing the second they say I can. And we'll be open about a month later with multiple taps.

Back