Date sugar addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double_D

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I know I've read somewhere 3# of dates contributes something like 2# of sugar. Can anyone quantify this? I have 13 gallons of date brown that started at 1.069 and have fermented to 1.018. There's definitely of non fermentables contributed by the mash (at 152) so I'm not necessarily worried about the FG. More trying to figure out how to adjust OG.

If what you mean by date sugar is liquid date extract or liquid date sugar so I know that typically their sugar content is in the range of 65%-75% and their water content is about 25%-30%.It is comprised mainly of glucose and fructose which both of them are 100% fermentable.
date-liquid-sugar(2).jpg

I meant to say the whole fruit but was asking specifically about their sugar content in comparison to their weight. Go figure, I was searching the forum wrong and my google fu was weak last night. There's a link to what I was asking about at the bottom of the page. I was expecting them to yield 73% sugar as a rough average and there was a guy that did a gravity reading on the rehydrated date. Thanks :drunk:

Back