Danby kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paquitin

Reaction score
Just purchased a used Danby kegerator, great shape but the beer lines need to be changed. How can I replace the lines? Have no clue where to start. Need some pointers.

Take the tower off and you should see where the beer lines connect at the bottom of the tower. Some have clamps and some are barbed. Take them off and replace with a minimum of 6 feet of line.

Yep - what gunrunner said. I just helped a friend do this, when I hooked up his brothers old kegorator and I looked at the lines and said "Umm....friend...this is full of mold...lets replace this before you make your bud light even worse".

It was a bit of a PITA, because the lines were on so well. I forget the type of clamp on the end with the tower, but I ended unscrewing the tap from the tower so the line can be pulled out. Used a screwdriver and knife to pry/break that clamp on the end going to the faucet, and the end attaching to the coupler that attaches to the keg. When you put on a new hose, just use a screwable hose clamp. Much easier to deal with, just be sure it is very tight.

Latest posts

Back