Damn you hefeweizen blow off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Went to bed and it had a 3 inch krausen. Woke up to take a leak at about 3am, 6 inches of krausen not really any bubbling.... Odd. Now I woke up at 5:45 and checked the temperature, nice still at 64 degrees in the swamp cooler and it is bubbling good. Load up the truck and started eating breakfast around 6:20-6:30 and all I hear is PLUMP. Last time I saw a splatter like that it was after eating ghost chile wings. If half an hour my head space went from like 3 inches to my dresser.

In the half hour the damn thing managed to move my temp from 64 to 70.

I have had a few messy explosions. Now every batch starts off in the bathtub with a garbage bag over it.

I have to say I laughed so hard I nearly cried when I read your signature.

Wow that sounds like fun lol!

:off: I remember when that guy made that post about puting all that stuff in a mason jar!! I laughed so hard when he posted that...

3068. Seems after the blow off and dumping more ice into the cooler to get it down it has subsided with the spitting. Unfortunately I can't find my damn airlock now.

I love 3068. However, when I use it, I always just start with a blow-off tube. That yeast is just crazy! :rockin:

I do all my beers with blow off tubes. The better bottles are just not big enough to contain a krausen.

Back