Damn! She almost blew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DylansDad

Reaction score
Of course I already had a blow off tube in place, so a crisis never happened.

I'm making the Pacific Coast Brewery Blue Whale Ale from Hoptech and damn by big fermentation, they mean big fermentation! I started the kit on Thursday afternoon and by Friday morning she was highly active (2" krausen or so). Then by the end of the day on Friday I had about an inch left before the 6 gallon carboy was completely filled with beer substance. She has been highly active all weekend long. So much so that I changed the blow off tube since it was already caked in krausen.

I'm glad I changed out the blow off tube, the old container (extract container with a hole cut in the lid) had nasty water in it and an odd substance on the bottom including what I think was mold. Gross I never thought to change out the blow off water in the last 4 brews. So it's all clean now and bubbling like crazy.

Here's the question:
There is none. I just wanted to tell my story to someone who might enjoy it. I can't wait to try this beer.

Oh yeah, the Kolsch from the last brew session is good. Light but good. It will make a great warm weather beer! Instead of worrying about the brew session and getting things right my problem now is always what to brew next.

Thanks for listening.

Here's the question:
There is none. I just wanted to tell my story to someone who might enjoy it. I can't wait to try this beer.

Here's the answer: May your beer be as good to drink as it was to make. Sounds awesome just hearing about it. Good luck, sounds like you've got a potent brew on your hands.

:mug:

Thanks!

I got back from watching it (again, I've been downstairs 5 times in the last half hour) I get a huge burp in the blow off container like every 10 seconds (or so). This is fun! My first beers had good action but nothing like this. I'm hooked!

Thanks!

I got back from watching it (again, I've been downstairs 5 times in the last half hour) I get a huge burp in the blow off container like every 10 seconds (or so). This is fun! My first beers had good action but nothing like this. I'm hooked!

Video it, put it on Youtube, and link it here. I wanna see! :tank:

Back