Damn economy!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just wanted to give "anyone who wants to know" an update.
I got a new car, went with a new BRABUS edition smart which I think I love more than the last one. That was on July 28th. Then an ex-employer called on the Thursday after and wanted me to come in to talk about some possibilities. The had taken over everything south of the border from the UK and needed someone who is bilingual.
Long story short, I started last Monday. Spent 2 days getting my laptop loaded with the software then headed out to the airport Wednesday afternoon.
So, here I am... sitting in a hotel room in Buenos Aires and will be for the next 2 weeks. Funny how things happen.....

Damn- unemployed to Argentina...... Nice jorb

Thank you... I am very proud of my jorb. The wife says it is a nice one....hehehe
Sorry, I know what you meant. :D
But, yes, an amazing transition, and a lot more money too. Just a little difficult being away from the family, but we can deal with it ok.

I will have to say, now I know why our governor came down here for his mistress. There are some dang fine women here!

Yay! glad to hear that your layoff was only a few weeks, as opposed to mine which was almost six months, with the possibility of more looming on the horizon...........

Yay! glad to hear that your layoff was only a few weeks, as opposed to mine which was almost six months, with the possibility of more looming on the horizon...........

Thank you! I was afraid of the same if you want to know the truth. Now is just not a good time to be looking for a job.
It might be easier if you were in the fast food industry. But there is not much else going on right now. I think things are beginning to turn around though. At least that is what I have been hearing.

Back